Tunsil needs to be our first pick . . .

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by adamwinn51, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree that Joe Thomas is a bit older (although by no means over the hill IMO), but he would be a great addition. He was a stud in Madison back in the day, and has been great in Cleveland as well. Reminds me a bit of Jon Runyon back in his prime.

A line anchored by Thomas and Lewan would most definitely be an upgrade.....

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Thomas is too old, IMHO. Would rather try to get Okung from Seattle. He is proven and only 27. Unless we trade back, I fully expect Tunsil to be the No.1 pick. He's not your typical tubby OL. He's as athletic as Lewan is, and probably a better LT. I'd expect Lewan to be bumped over to RT if we go that route.

Depends on how bad Dallas, SF, or the Rams want the No. 1 QB prospect...whether that is Goff or Lynch. Wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland didn't offer to trade up to ensure they don't lose the guy they covet. I think it will be Goff.

To be honest, what difference does it make to us, whether we draft Tunsil at No.1 or No.4 (where Dallas is)? If I am the new General Manager, I am drastically lowering the price for Dallas, to their 2nd Rd this year and 3rd next year. We still get our guy, he is cheaper at No. 4, and a big bonus on top of that. If we get greedy and ask the sticker price, the customer is gonna walk.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

If the Titans were interested, I would simply offer to swap places with them in the 1st Rd, for Thomas. He is only a one to two year fix, and this might be our only chance to snag a premiere OT (in the draft) for a while. Why would Cleveland go for that? Cause we would let them know we are shopping the pick ahead of them to QB needy teams....at a substantially lower asking price. THAT would get their attention...assuming they really like one QB over the other.

Lynch has the physical traits and was prolific in college, but he regressed a bit down the stretch...especially in the bowl game vs Auburn. Goff shined in his bowl game, so I suspect he will be the consensus top QB prospect.

Only way we don't trade out of that pick is if we insist on getting the sticker price for it. Got to be at a discount.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and Im calling that a stretch

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We need some experience on the line...and a QUALITY Center. Would make a world of difference!

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Prefer a decent vet C if possible. I know they are hard to come by, but prefer a vet than a rookie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree 100%. That's what I am saying. Add some leadership and experience on this line....We have enough young pieces.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Has anybody thought about the idea of trading Lewan?

I'm not sure I have heard any evidence that Lewan would be good at RT. Maybe we could get something nice for him. Another Second rounder?

Is that crazy talk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar