Tunsil vs. Stanley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem is, you think everything is all or nothing. Speed rushers have a burst in which they can blow past an OT and the OT can barely even get a hand on them. That quickness and burst is WHY we call them speed rushers. Von Miller is the prototypical speed rusher right now. But does that mean he can't play with power? He can...but tha's a bonus, not the strength of his game.

Cameron Wake is a POWER player. Coming out of college he ran in the high 4.6's at 230+lbs. You think he can maintain that speed and burst with an extra 40lbs? No one can. I give you numbers as PROOF! But the real proof is in watching them play. Wake most of the time powers thru people. Does that mean he's not quick for his size, he is. But he can't do what a Von Miller can do with speed.

It's funny, you keep saying we need a good pass protector at RT. And EVERYONE AGREES that our RT needs to be able to pass block well. We just don't agree that you need a top 11 in round 1 LT pass blocker to play RT. Very few teams have that and the teams that do haven't exactly gone anywhere because of it. How does the rest of the top teams fare with 'just' good quality RT's? Quite well.

Michael Strahan made a career out of abusing RT's...because of his POWER! I should know, I live in NY and followed his career. Even the Giants own scouts determined he'd be a good pass rusher because of his POWER!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Find ONE lie I've said? You're too funny! You claim I'm lying for pointing out your mistakes and because I don't agree with you. The difference, YOU are the one making things up!

You're the one who is lying when you say I want...for example - in this post I'm responding to...a 350lb slow guy. When you make things up and then argue with yourself, you can leave me out of it because I've NEVER said that. And to prove it, again, I'll ask you to quote me saying that is what I want.

And I'll watch as you ignore facts, logic, and common sense. And yet you keep making things up. And repeating things...as if that magically makes them true! LOL

Ironically, you name a whole bunch of power players and act like they are speed rushers when they aren't. When I point this out...I'm some how lying? ROFL And OF COURSE you bring up Kahlil Mack who is a nice combo of speed and power but mostly plays LDE because of his power! Watch your own highlight of him and you'll see he wins 90% of the time with power. The only times he goes around the RT in your vid are 2 times when Osweiller doesn't step up in the pocket and once when Osweiller again doesn't step up and instead runs laterally away so the OT can't stay between them. This doesn't happen with most QB's. But the POWER plays where he runs right over/thru the OT's happen all the time. And you might notice they move him to both sides for a good mismatch...like the very power oriented Mack running thru an lighter and more athletic but not stout LT.

How's Tunsil gonna fair against Mack? He can stay in front of him, but will he get pushed back into the QB's lap?

There are a LOT MORE power rushers than true speed rushers in the NFL.

And one more thing, "Gut does not think it would be beneficial to have a good pass blocker over there." Where did I suggest this? Quote me.

That's the 3rd lie you've said about me. You must be going for a new record in one thread! ROFLMAO!!!

#152 Gut, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You wish. We must be to the part of your strategy where you just keep trying to throw everything against the wall and hope something sticks. Unfortunately for you, you keep making it worse for yourself! LOL

Wake, McPhee, and Mack are power players though Mack has some speed to his game. Miller and Clowney have the athleticism to be speed rushers but Clowney should (we'll see what effect the injuries have on his athleticism) also have power in his game but until he plays full seasons...he's not worth talking about.

Kerrigan is another Power player! Why do you think after Bosa ran a slow 40 time people started comparing him to Kerrigan? They win with balance, power, hands and a variety of moves. And frankly, there is a LOT more that goes into a pass rusher than just POWER vs SPEED! But if you can't get even the fundamentals down, not much use bringing them up with you.

And to be clear, there are many GREAT power rushers. I never said the guys you mentioned weren't good or even great, just that their style was predominantly of power, not speed...which was the basis of your argument for suggesting we should get Tunsil.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Can you be more specific? What game was it?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if anyone here has direct Titans connections this would be the last place to brag about them. Nothing good careerwise could come from admitting it.

seems there was a guy once who claimed to be a trainer or on the medical staff or something

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar