Turner better than Travis Henry????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Is Michael Turner better than Travis Henry. Clearly it will cost the titans more in money and trouble trying to get him. Henry was traded for a 3rd round pick which for the Titans means nothing. But Turner will cost more in Money and Compensation so is he better than Travis Henry?

2. dgood

dgood Guest

Yes.....although Turner has only backed up, he has averaged over 6 yards per carry. And he did start one or two games i believe too, and averaged around there too. Some compare him to LT which in my opinion is the best back in the league. Turner is def. worth the 1st and 3rd round picks they are asking for. However.....I dont think the Titans should give up a 1st round pick for a RB. Therefore, we should work out some trade for a quality player and a 3rd round pick.

The biggest difference in my opinion is that he isnt into drug issues. So he won't be getting suspended. That alone is worth more than Henry was. Don't get me wrong, Henry was a great back for us, but I think his drug issues hampered the teams performance the previous year.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

MT is younger than TH, and given his previous status as backup he might continue to accept the role of backup while Lendale starts.. (or even serve to compete with Lendale for the starting role). Prior to 2006, the Titans were notorious is making players wait, and i still believe Lendale all but securing the starting role in 07 would be unreleastic given the team's preference of having a solid backup (particularly at the RB position)..

his 6yd per carry average (for 941 total yards) on 157 attempts is outstanding, and he hasen't been involved in any off-field mishaps worth mentioning.

If i was given a choice between TH and MT - while having to sacrifice the exact same as payment - i'd probably go with Turner.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Remember when people wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Shaun Alexander or (who was the other one--same year) about two years ago? That's insane, to talk about a 1st round pick (or a 2nd) when you're talking about Michael Turner.

I mean, if you were guessing, does it seem more likely he's (a) a backup who will become a perennial pro-bowler or (b) a perfect fit for the situation he's in right now and somehow will not go to multiple pro bowls once he is given a starting job (I think the odds of the second are far greater than the first).

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

no but we haven't seen what all Turner can do.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Turner is bigger, faster, and just as physical as Henry, and has fumbled only once in 250+ career touches.

Other than that, I don't see Turner as much of an upgrade. ;)

Granted, Henry has proven himself as a guy who can carry the ball 20+ times per game....Turner clearly has not. However, with LT getting 80% of the carries for the Chargers, it's fair to say that Turner has never been given an opportunity to prove himself in that capacity.

Aside from that, he's shown everything a team could possibly hope for from a franchise RB.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Henry has never wowed me. I don't think he's ever really wowed anyone with one of his runs. He's a pretty generic style running back that can be found pretty much anywhere around the league. Turner wows with many of his runs.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DC3zezJlXWE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DC3zezJlXWE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Vyg6eXVFMQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Vyg6eXVFMQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

by far...Travis is running on "E" and MT has a full tank ready explode as a starter, you watch 1 game of this guy running the football, you RARELY see him get tackled for a loss, and he puts all his effort in, when it looks like a 5 yard loss, to get back to the line of scrimmage, that shows determination to win. Travis was good, but Michael could be great

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He can't be tackled. He only goes down when he's tired of shoving people around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar