TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's always sucked.

2. RavensShallBurn

The last couple episodes have definitely been the best of this season, but even so it just doesn't have that compelling feel that the first season had.

It's just impossible for me not to compare the two seasons. First season set the bar high, and this season feels like a network TV show IMO.

I do hope there's another season, but this season hasn't had near as many viewers... because most probably gave up after a few episodes.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I have to agree with RSB on True Detective.

I wasn't sure it was possible to have a story be both paper thin and convoluted as ****, but S2 of True Detective managed.

I have paid attention intently, but I don't even know most characters' names. Frank and Velcoro are the only two I know. There were way too many characters introduced for an 8-episode season. Trying to introduce, explain and develop all of them while also moving the story along is impossible.

I honestly don't even know what's going on half of the time and still don't know what the main purpose is. I could read a synopsis of the season and probably not even make the connection between what I've watched and what I read.

I was disappointed when I found out S2 would be a different story with different characters because it meant we would have to get to know a whole new cast. A waste of great development from S1, IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ooo! This looks great..
    Bobby Cannavale in a one-season Scorsese/Terence Winter show about a Dolls type scene in early 70's NYC..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

Agreed, but S1 was perfect on its own. Would've been pretty cheesy to continue with MM and WH... which would turn it into a lame cop show.

Random note on S2... I learned that Casper's creepy looking shrink is actually Rick Springfield (guy who sang Jessie's Girl). I never would've guessed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with Feminist Fry on the naming people part. They delivered a ton of names regarding who was involved with what last episode, and I really couldn't remember who was on first at that point.

It's still better than the vast majority of what is on television, so even not thinking it is that great, hopefully there will be a season 3 that is improved from this season.

I do like the 3 main characters in this, just didn't do a good enough job with story or plot pace imo.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I saw his name roll on the credits that night he first appeared and recalled he now looked like Gary Numan ****ed a rat from Sound City.
    It's these little bits and rolls that make this season feel like a squandered opportunity to capture some David Lynch looniness. Instead it's been playing more like a straight cop show..

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

dissapointed in TD finale.. first hour was great, last 30mins f'ed it all up

sigh

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So Comcast cuts off the last 3 minutes of all DVR'd versions of the final episode of Halt and Catch Fire. Seemed like they were heading into a very relevant 3 minutes.
    Argh - and of course On Demand wont let you fast forward. Argh!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I thought it was pretty solid, but not great. Overall I'm glad I watched this season but it took way too long to get going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar