TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

God CW romance...Smh

I would smash Jessie Quick though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Seriously same thing over and over in all the shows

I love you but you don't love me

You love me but I don't love you

We love eachother

You found a secret now you're mad

I found a secret Now I'm mad

Wash rinse repeat

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

This show... the ****.

Legion. My thoughts have not changed from my initial posts on this.

No idea where this going.

Honestly, beginning to question if they will maintain his origin, or rather his parentage.

In the original X-men movies, Singer didn't want the cast to read the comics... wondering if this is a similar situation.

I've held the belief that the other entity in his head is Shadow King... still believe it.

#4803 RTH, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Unfortunately a large part of their audience is 14 year olds. Still nothing will piss me off worse than "NO! You can't tell her! We have to keep her safe!". When that stupidazzed trope appears, I want to fly to Hollywood, grab all the writers and shove their faces in a Cuisinart.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The idiot plot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Just finished watching Freaks & Geeks on Netflix... AGAIN.

I was SO disappointed when this first came on but got canned. LOVED this show. Only show about high school life that seemed real, to me. I could identify with the characters AND I could recognize the different types of characters in my own school. No other show about high school seemed even remotely familiar to my personal experiences.

That said... I understand why it was canned, unfortunately.

The show was disjointed. There was little flow. One story would introduce an idea or character(s) but after that episode... the next one seemed to move along independent of the previous.

Occasionally, there'd be montages that were fun, but a bit out of place. For instance, the character Bill getting a snack and watching Garry Shandling do a routine on television and just cracking up... no sound, just a song by The Who - which happened to be the "focus" of the episode. Went on for a while and was, frankly, unnecessary.

This wasn't consistent. Disjointed.

The direction was sometimes over the top or simply bland. The characters would border on caricatures.

It was only about 16 episodes long, but... seemed like several loose ends were tied up. Did they plan on a second season?

That said... still, in my opinion, the best representation of high school life on television. LOVED the characters and wish the writing and directing had been stronger. Wish the direction of the show was better - existent, even.

Maybe a second season would have streamlined it better, but disjointed is my honest opinion on it.

Still a personal favorite.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Iron Fist is out on Netflix.

I'm about three episodes in.

Very entertaining but not the best so far. Even the weakest of the Marvel shows is better than most things on network TV.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wow, I haven't heard any hype whatsoever on IF's release. Wasn't even aware it was out. Odd for one of these Marvel shows.

I still never got around to finishing Luke Cage.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Does anyone watch Mr. Robot? My wife and I have been binging it. We're already halfway through the second season in less than a week. So far, the second season feels like a bit of a dropoff from the first but still damn good. My one and only complaint is it's starting to feel a bit Shyamalan-ish (not in a good way) in that some of the "twists" feel forced and like twists for the sake of having a twist. Hopefully it's all gonna come together over this second half of the season though.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No hype? I haven't had that problem, as I have stumbled across lots of misguided SJWs who have been complaining that a martial arts hero is white, utterly unaware of the steretyping inherent in assuming that all martial artists must be Asian. This has been going hand-in-hand for a while with complaints about Ghost In The Shell "whitewashing" Major Kusonagi, who is "obviously Japanese" because of her name. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar