TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mad Men

I really like the first few seasons. They totally nailed those guys attitudes. Those guys being men raised just after WWII.

@Deuce Wayne poo-poo'd the show as all style no substance. I disagreed - at first. I wound up watching the last couple of seasons cause I had already watched 7 or so seasons. Kinda why I finished Sons of Anarchy. Just had to see where that train wreck went.

While the end of the show was not nearly as good as the beginning and the stories, as such, became silly ( most especially Don Draper back story ) and the characters aged hardly at all from the mid 50 thru the early 70s... Im just sayin'. Those nits aside I enjoyed the ride even if it wound up being so much less that it should have been.

On this one I agree with @Deuce Wayne but I still give it a recommendation because they totally and completely nailed everything about that period. So many memories of minute crap were dredged up watching that show. About all they left out was a box of Quisp cereal....

[​IMG]
    Quisp.....

I so remember eating a bowl of Quisp watching Batman before brushing my teeth and going to bed

anyway. If nothing else Mad Men brings back memories of the 60s & 70s for me. But zero rewatchability

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Castlevania on Netflix.

Only a 4 episode season. Setup for a series. Not bad. Pretty good... I want to see more.

Watched it in about 1 1/2 hours.

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I watched it and liked it. It was really, really short. It was almost like an episode 1 instead of an entire season.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Being on Netflix, I didn't expect the 23 minute runtime. If it was originally on television, then that would make sense when you figure in commercial breaks.

But Netflix originals, isn't it?, are closer to full runtimes... 30 minutes, or so.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No. Again, Netflix "Originals" doesn't necessarily mean they made them. They'd be more appropriately called Netflix Exclusives, as they do come from television programming in foreign countries.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Again? Was this topic covered and I missed it?

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

It appears to be a movie broken into 4 episodes. That's the theory, anyway.

That makes sense.

8. avvie

Yes.
    Example: "Samurai Gourmet" (Netflix Original)
    Netflix did not go to Japan and film a tv series about a retired Japanese guy having lunch, in Japanese. Instead, they secured the exclusive presentation rights.
    Netflix is really not much more than a server farm with a big bank account and some people trying to decide what to put in that farm. It's not an actual soundstage studio with directors and production teams.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

No. I understand all that, but... you referenced this as something that has been discussed on here.

Did I miss that discussion?

10. avvie

Yes. Don't remember who with- Tweezy?- but it was they who mentioned that "for all we know Netflix is two guys in a basement with a server."

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar