TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We have 3 episodes left on Ozark. I'm absolutely loving it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm watching Band of Brothers because I never finished it during its original airing.

Going back and watching it now you realize how many young actors got a bit of a start in it. Sam Rockwell, James McAvoy, Donnie Wahlberg, Michael Fassbender, Simon Pegg, Tom Hardy, and a few others.

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yeah I rewatched the series on memorial day and was noticing the same thing. Tons of up and comers in that show.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Fry

@JCBRAVE

I think we're going to like the reset Ray Donovan is doing this season. The old storylines were getting stale.

5. Fry

I watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific over the last couple of weeks. Band of Bothers was considerably better. The story of Easy Company was really compelling and the characters were interesting. It seemed like the environment was the main character of The Pacific. Episode 8 was pretty good with hitting the feels, but other than that it seemed kind of like a generic war movie.

Band of Brothers- 9.5.

The Pacific- 7.5.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I watched the first episode of Gypsy on Netflix. Looks interesting so far.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

In the Pacific the war scenes were also pretty much alike, where as in BoB the tactical aspect played a bigger role, if that makes any sense. There were a bigger variety in their assignments.

With that said, after fighting the japaneses, it didn't seem the US used much of that experience in Vietnam.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Vietnam soldiers were, at average age 19, six years younger than WWII soldiers. Which is just stupid.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Seemed to me most of the battles in Pacific were at night and all you could see was confusion. Then the sun would rise and there would be thousands of dead Japanese. I did not care for the series at all.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

5 eps into The Defenders so far. Really enjoying it, despite the insufferable Danny Rand. Really, I'm no Iron Fist guy, but I feel sorry for those who are. Surely he wasn't written to be the guy Finn Jones is playing?...

Another thing I'm digging is the color cues in the first couple of episodes. As the scenes changes, so do the color themes of the setting to correspond with the central character of each theme. Murdock obviously red; Cage autumn gold (clever); Jessica Jones lavender-blue; Danny Rand yellow-green; Alexandra white and light grey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar