TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I don't care how far it strays from the comic, at all... but the character motivations and traits are what I loved - moreso than the tales.

It'd be like, say... if Tony Stark were put on screen as a guy that decided to continue war profiteering and built the armor "just because".

The universe and stories work... but the characters do not for me because that's the part I love from the series.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

One episode doesn't tell you much. It's an overarching story that dumps lots of tropes on it's head, and thpugh disguised as a cartoon comedy with animal puns it's actually a tragic comedy noir in which actual consequences happen from every action which don't go away. Forgiveness isn't given; hurt people stay hurt; Hollywood is actually renamed Hollywoo when the sign is damaged.

If there's anything I dislike about it, it's the irritatingly stupid Todd. I don't know why cartoons always have to have this cbaracter. I can't watch the Simpsons because of Homer....stupid is just not funny to me at all. Still, as with Homer, Todd eventually serves a purpose as a moral foil.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Watched it tonight. Damn good.

4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Survivor's Remorse on Starz... pretty good. I am enjoying it much more than Ballers.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The Strain

@CRUDS

I had a false start watching this one. I just was not into it when I watched the first 3ish episodes when it first aired. Cruds talked me into giving it another chance. Starts slow... introductions and backgrounds on our main characters. I will admit season 1 is a bit of a slog and you kinda still dont know WTF is going on, but it starts going and how. I could do a comparison contrast with politics but I will decline. People will see in it what they will. I will just say that the story gets an ultimate ending and an epilogue. And at the end I was glad Cruds talked me into giving it another shot.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The Deuce first two episodes have been really good

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yea I finished the other day it was sick

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Curb is back tomorrow. Really hoping it's not a shell of its former self a la Arrested Development. But sadly that's what I'm expecting.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Gotham has officially become Batman Lite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar