TV thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Every single series that is on right now has dissapointed me. Breaking Bad has a lot of potential, though.

I'm more into movies....I have 512 DVD's, so i'm rarely bored.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure why, but Lost never really pulled me in

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Man TV is basically trash right now..the only things I watch that have new episodes are:

LOST
    The Office
    Ultimate Fighter (or any related UFC programming)
    Prison Break (i'll be glad its over finally)

..and that's pretty much it for new shows, ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX have too much garbage, and abc dumps their shows too quick so I don't bother

As for the rest of what I watch..usually consists of:

That 70s show
    Family Guy
    King of Queens/Yes,Dear and the rest of TBS comedy lineup
    Various movies that I come across

..TV is definately struggling, which is why i spend most of my free time on computer or 360 instead :hmm:
    ________
    Www.Vaporizer.Net

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

TV is struggling because most of the crap is reality/do it yourself/cooking shows that are simply boring.

5. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

House, Fringe, Heroes, Deadliest Warrior, any of the CSI

6. wtenn

wtenn Starter

I think the quality on the best shows is as good as it's ever been. With that being said, my favorite shows are:

Mad Men
    Friday Night Lights
    How I met your Mother
    Lost
    The Office
    Parks and Recreation
    The Big Bang Theory
    Family Guy

Parks & Rec is a new show that I absolutely love, which airs right before the office. For me, a lot of the appeal is that local government is an arena that has never been really explored in the realm of television. One of the main characters is a city planner, which happens to be my line of work, so I was hooked immediately. I have seen the show criticized for being too much like the office, but in my mind, imitation is not too much of a faux pas (see CSI and Law & Order franchises).

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There definitely seems to be a line here between those who list basic network TV and those who list HBO and SHO shows.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

family guy
    anything on espn
    diners drive-ins and dives
    greys (watch it with the wife)
    good eats
    king of queens
    mythbusters

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Burn Notice
    In Plain Sight
    NCIS

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Network TV: black insultathons, bad reality ideas and 17 versions of the same damn CSI show. There may be a couple of nuggets, such as LOST, but overall... dang.

Every time I see TV in other households I'm reminded of why I don't have it in mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar