TV thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

To be honest, Paula Dean is hilarious. She's just like "well, we'll add a teaspoon of sugar, then we throw in 4 whole sticks of butter..."

and America is obese beacause of McDonalds?

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I don't have HBO, but I really like/ love most of their programming. By the way, the first season of The Wire arrives via Netflix on Monday! I'll finally get to see what everyone is talking about

3. wtenn

wtenn Starter

I used to take HBO and I loved The Sopranos/Deadwood/Six Feet Under/Big Love/Entourage/Curb Your Enthusiasm, but we cut it off to save some money after the Sopranos ended their run. With that being said, I am of the opinion that Mad Men and Friday Night Lights are as high in quality as any show that has ever aired on HBO.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just watched the last episode of scrubs...damn that was good.

I knew they'd pull off something and it was just really good.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I dunno, you said you like Scrubs? :lol:

Only 2 shows with new episodes I currently watch are Survivor and Hell's Kitchen, both reality and both days from over. I do occasionally watch South Park.

Looking forward to Tru Blood when it returns in the summer, although it wasn't really that great. Also the last Kings episodes will air this summer.

I hope Dollhouse doesn't get canceled. (I hope Heroes DOES get canceled, I've bailed on that show) Oh and Caprica Pilot was pretty damn good I thought.

Oh, I do still dvr Medium, not that it's great either. But I seem to enjoy it as bedtime tv.

And when does Dexter season 4 start?

Edit: Oh I constantly watch CNBC anyway. Or its on normally whether I'm paying attention or not. And NBA Playoffs.

6. BigRed3

Scrubs is great. It's first couple of seasons, it might have been the best show on television, and by far the best comedy.

Speaking of Scrubs, it's looking more and more likely that it will be renewed for a ninth season.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b124003_braff_chalke_back_scrubs_six_pack.html

Apparently Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke have signed six-episode deals for if/when the show continues.

Also, the article says that John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox), Donald Faison (Turk), and Neil Flynn (Janitor) will return to the show full time if their respective pilots do not get picked up by networks.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To each their own. Watched a few times but just never really enjoyed it.

The last comedy I really liked was Eastbound and Down. Before that it was probably Lucky Louie.

8. BigRed3

That's understandable. I thought Eastbound and Down was alright, but not overly hilarious. But you're right, Lucky Louie was great. I'm a huge Louis C.K. fan.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm with you on that one.

I guess I have to credit the writers of the show. They must be geniuses to keep a show about being stranded on an island going for 5 seasons or whatever it is now. I can't imagine what the show could possibly entail.

How many episodes have there been?!?!?! I don't see how it could be entertaining. I just don't.

There must be a huge twist that's building up or something because there is absolutely no way in hell you can keep a story (about a dozen or so people stranded on an island) going for so long.

How big is the freaking island? Aren't there new people who come along in the show? How have all the characters survived???

This show doesn't add up, but like I said, I really have to credit the writers/producers. They really must have great imaginations.

I've never watched a minute of the show, so my bashing can be ignored for the most part... I'm just making assumptions.

I took the same approach to LOST and Prison Break.

Shows I'm big into:
    Seinfeld - I have seen every episode at least three times each... I can quote most of it.
    24 - I have missed every episode from this season. Something happened with the tivo. Not happy about it... I'll buy it on DVD when it comes out.
    The Office - Didn't watch the first 10 episodes (or so) of the 5th season, so I'll have to wait for the DVD.
    American Idol - Yea, yea, yea... slam me for it :sad2:... I really, really, really haven't liked this season. A flamer is about to win the whole competition which I really hate. I liked David Cook (from last year) a lot, but other than that I haven't cared as much for the show. I enjoy Simon bashing the contestants more than anything.

Shows I like to watch if I'm bored or I notice them on:
    Everybody Loves Raymond
    Monk - I used to watch the show all the time, but I always forget about it now for some reason. I catch it whenever I can.
    South Park

Probably a few others, but none that come to mind.

10. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

They do and it is a great, great show. There's much more to it and than just twelve people stranded on an island. You should give it a try if you get the chance, the first season is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar