Twitter to stream 10 TNF games this year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Goodell returns to Twitter to announce Twitter deal | ProFootballTalk

"In a more thorough announcement from the NFL, not constrained by 140 characters, the league and Twitter announced that the 10 games to be televised by CBS or NBC and NFL Network will land on Twitter. The NFL Network only games will not be streamed on Twitter.

The deal also includes pre-game Periscope broadcasts from NFL players and teams."

I would assume these will be free to stream, Twitter has never done paid-anything before. Very surprised this deal was able to be worked out when CBS/NBC pays to have those games also.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Twitter makes money obviously and more traffic will increase those profits. I'm thinking they are trying to get more users more so than a kick back to the current ones. That's where the bigger money comes I'd assume

3. VondyP

I understand why Twitter would want to pay the money for it. I just don't understand why CBS/NBC agreed to allow the NFL to sell the viewing rights to a company that is going to stream it for free over the Internet. I imagine they will lose a large viewer group because of it.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Uhm, is it cuz NO ONE is buying the stupid channel and advertising on that channel is suffering because of it?

They won't admit it, but I would bet it is related.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. VondyP

They aren't streaming the games that are only on NFL Network. The games that are NFL Network only will continue to be NFL Network only. This is only for the games that are on the public channels. (NBC/CBS)

Also do you guys really have to pay for that channel in your cable packages? Seems like NFL Network is included in all the basic cable packs up here.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Not here. The network is a premium type channel. Not worth it. Been watching nfl for decades for free. They have more money now than God. I will never pay to watch unless I actually go to the game. Just my little line in the sand.

7. Clark

Probably a larger kickback during playoffs. That's when those channels truly care

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I doubt it. Most of the sports channels are packaged together. For instance, Dish Network has the Multi-Sport Pack, which carries ALL of the sports channels except Extra Innings and NBA League Pass. That's the only way to get the NFL Network with Dish.

The NFL is just testing the waters for live streaming their games. I'd think once the deal with DirecTV expires they will have devise a way to stream their games independently.

9. Clark

Didn't they just renew that contract for like 5 or 10 more years tho?

Google says 8 years. Was accomplished in 2014. So 7 more.

I'd truly hope by 2023 the NFL can manage their own streaming

10. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I dont understand how they are going to stream TNF games, when the release clearly states NFL Network only games will not be streamed. TNF is NFL network only, unless there are going to be 2 TNF games this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar