Two flag penalty system?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Come on JC, you have to know this was a bad idea and bad thread ... you really should've started a thread talking about the new Vet combine ... at least that is kinda interesting and actually gonna happen

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I made that thread and deleted it immediately

this idea isn't bad

people said implementing ipads into football was dumb, now every team in the league does it

3. Thaddeus43

Yes it is on the same play, but usually on 2 COMPLETELY different areas of the field.

When is the last time you saw 2 guys battle for the same pass and the refs call PI on both players at the same time and they offset ... I don't ever recall that happening.

Offsetting typcially occurs if you have a holding call on the OL and a illegal contact on the D or something like that ... 2 players on different parts of the field committing penalties in the same play

4. JCBRAVE

doesn't matter if its a rare occurrence, it can happen

5. Thaddeus43

It does matter though. Because then, more often than not (much more often) when you get 2 flags thrown on 1 play (as in my situation above) the penalties will not be offsetting. And the problem I brought up remains valid

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The only thing this will cause..........is anger. The damn stupid refs will continuously toss the wrong color. More opportunity for booing imo.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Refs are struggling with their job enough already, I don't see why anyone would want to add anything else that would further complicate things.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So basically the only positive this would create is knowing instantly if it's a defensive foul or an offensive foul?

Is waiting 30 seconds really that difficult? It's usually not hard to figure out what's going on either. If the flag is thrown in the middle of the play by the offensive line it's usually holding. If the flag is thrown immediately at the snap and you see a d-lineman move early it's offsides. DBs argue when the flag is against them and not the WR.

This is a stupid idea. You should be ashamed, JC.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

You're right it is usually easy to tell what's the reason for many flags, but this takes out some of the guess work. You guys didn't read the article did you...?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IPads no equal two colors of flags.

Protect your brand. Thread NOT JCBrave worthy.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar