Two questions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Someone told me Tennessee doesn't have a luxury tax or something like that. Is that something that a player makes up in cost of living or does that mean a % of tax is NOT taken out of a player's contract who signs here (ie...a contract here dollar for dollar is worth more in Tenn.)? Also, how much is this amount?

Secondly,
    Does anyone have an accurate roster? All sites I've seen haven't updated there rosters so I was wondering if anyone knows what the current actual roster is...if yes, please list.

Thanks!!!

Gut

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Not sure about the luxury tax thing but you can find the current roster on titansonline.com. Just go to team then go to players. It should be accurate considering we haven't cut anyone yet.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

there is no income tax. that's a plus for a mega rich player... see, in Tennessee we believe that the tax burden is best shouldered by those who spend the greatest percentage of their annual income. 6% of every Tennessean's food dollar goes right in the State kitty... isn't that nice? Grocery stores are a boom source of tax revenue for Tennessee. In my county, Hamilton, the combined State and local sales taxes are over 9%... that's 9% on most everything I buy. Have no fear though... Tennessee wage earners rank 28th nation wide at an average of $35,829 with Connecticut at #1 with $52,954 and South Dakota at 50th with $29,149... got to love regressive tax structures! :bonk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar