Ty Law coming to visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Too much $. I'd rather use Sirmon and Volek to get Schaub.

2. titandude24

titandude24 Guest

All this spending the first year we have money is getting me kind of worried. Will this create problems in the near future?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i think we get a tonne back from the dead money from Rolle, Mason, Carter and Schulters next season.

4. Rolle, Mason, and Carter are already off the books.

Schulters does count $2.4M this year and then he's off. Hopkins is $6.5M this year and then he's gone.

And then, of course, you have McNair who (as of now) is about $23.5M this year and then he's off the books.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Just don't see the fascination with Schaub.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

What is all the talk of releasing Sirmon lets get something out him by trading him for a 3rd or 4th

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

neither do i.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The fascination with Schaub is you could work out a trade for him, a QB who looks to have loads of potential, and in the process still keep the 3rd pick. I dont understand why that isnt more appealing than spending the 3rd pick on a QB, and not being able to spend that pick on another played.

Its simple Schaub and keep the 3rd pick, or Leinart and lose out on another big time player. It all comes down to if you think Schaub has as much potential as Leinart, and me personally, I think he does. He is bigger, more mobile, and has a better arm, but its all how you project the guys as future starters. I personally see nothing special about Leinart.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

A 32 year old overpaid CB? No thanks. Might as well sign Deion Sanders... I don't doubt Ty Law is still playing well, but in all likelyhood he won't be for more than a few years.

We already signed one stopgap player (Mawae) to provide leadership, we don't need Law as a shorttem solution, let Pac and Hill learn by doing.

10. For the love of HP Sauce don't buy him
    Too much squid, too much mouth and too much penalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar