Ty Law visits

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Ty Law passes physical but plans to visit several other teams. He comes at a great cost, 10 million signing bonus. Questions;
    Is that 10 million guaranteed or are there incentives built in that could keep him from getting all of it?
    Does anyone else out there worry that Law could be another Pickens/Thigpen nightmare? Or is that just the gamble that we have to take!

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

hopefully he won't be a bust. but do you want to take your chances with Ahmad Plummer

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The only real concerns that the team and fans have or should have about Law are whether he fits iin under the cap, leaves us addditional cap room, and whether he will be another Adam Jones-like cancer on the team.

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Law Pays Visit to Titans

SUMMARY: CB Ty Law paid a free-agency visit to the Titans yesterday and passed a physical. However, signing the five-time Pro Bowler doesn't appear to be on the horizon. "We wanted to meet and greet, get to know him on that basis," Reese said. "Once he finishes all his trips, if he wants to sit down, then I think we could get a feel for where we are. We'll just have to see. He seems like a nice-enough guy, though, a Pro Bowl-quality guy." Law is visiting a number of teams and is believed to be looking for a signing bonus of at least $10 million, and right now the Titans have roughly $100,000 in salary-cap room.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

i think he'll be comin to NashVevas!! baby

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

By reading the opinions of others and factoring in the concerns that I have read... upside, downside, flipside, backside... any way you cut it...

Law is a poor fit. This is my impression of the consensus.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really? It doesn't sound like it. Certainly not if we keep McNair.

Reese is keeping his distance to let Law know he needs to come down if he wants to play here, and Law has several other options. It's not likely, but I'd love it to happen.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He seems like he'd fit in pretty well with the rest of the D we've got.

I don't think he has bust potential because he has produced his entire career (when healthy) on 2 different teams. He led the league "post-injury" which I think is a very strong statement of his work ethic.

We're short on CB leadership and skill (no slight to Gunny or WU). Put me in the let Steve go, get Law camp.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Law probably will wind up in KC with Herm Edwards unless someone outbids them not sure we will pay what hes asking for. Whats the situation with Fuller we thought he could play nickle if he hadnt been hurt. I havent heard his name mentioned in any discussions about corner or safety.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i hope not.

i've said this before. if he was so great last year, why wouldn't eric mangini(his position coach in NE) want to exercise his option bonus and keep him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar