tyrone calico

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansman10, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Hey, what do you know Gloat and I agree....I feel like I need a shower.:grrhee:

2. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Why do receivers have such bad luck playing here except for MASE!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Calico would also make the tough catches. It was the easy ones he dropped EARLY in his career. But after that he was doing very good the preseason before being injured. He was also the only one to score vs the colts in one game, catching a short pass in traffic.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's see.....

The foot bone is connected to the .....knee bone (everybody sing!)

The knee bone is connected to the .......... hand bone?

I don't think so.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

um. What? Do you realize that knee injuries and hands are 2 different things? And only 1 was the downfall of his career?

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I was a huge Calico fan, and really thought he was going to be another T.O., minus the mouth.

The knees obviously played a role, but I think most of the problem was in his head. The guy had as much potential as any WR I've ever seen, but he lacked that killer instinct....that reckless intensity that drives players to excellence.

When he came back from the knee injuries, it was obvious that he wasn't the same guy....the confidence wasn't there. He did make a few nice catches and looked as if he was about to find his groove, when he had a catastrophic fumble against the Rams. (I think he also re-tweaked his knee on the same play).

His career ended during the Titans/Niners game in '05. At one point, he dropped two perfectly thrown balls on back-to-back plays, one of which would have been an easy TD. At that point, McNair lost all confidence in him, and I don't know if Ty ever caught another ball.

Really is a shame......had it not been for his knee injuries and fragile psyche, he almost certainly would have been the dominant #1 WR everybody has been fantasizing about.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure he ever made it back 100% from his injury and wasn't as explosive after the injuries. Maybe part of that was his work ethic. Either way when your best asset is your speed and you lose a step there isn't much left.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

His knee injuries were catastrophic. I also agree it caused him to lose confidence as well as speed.

I do side more with Gloat on this one. Yes, Calico had some bad drops. Maybe his hands (and/or focus) would've never improved, but it was his knee injuries that ended his career. And that's the reason he was let go.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I love Ty, but he got caught up in the VIP scene and lost his work ethic. Coach Fisher all but begged Ty to show consistency and hustle before he was cut.

Ty has the size and speed, but his mind stayed in Mansion and the Delano on South Beach. Ty stayed on the scene more than me and my girls and some of us are marginally employed. I mean I'd be way up in the cut and I'd see Ty. I'm talking Tuesday night, going to Wed at 2 in the morning! I'd be like, don't you have to be at the Park at 7:30ish?

Ty ain't with another team cause he ain't trying to be with one. But if there's a celeb charity event, he's all up in that. Ty is my boy, though.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Who does he know that's a celebrity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar