UDFA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by greenwheel, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Meh, we probably would have used that on Coons the kicker anyway

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Coons went to Washington.

Are we taking these Washington players for a reason?

Locker bible studies?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

It is because they had an Armenian head coach

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Googled Coon

Was not disappointed

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Another guy that will make the team and should have been drafted is james gayle va tech he had a 3rd or 4th round grade. 3 year starter and makes plays this was a nice sign. Not as high on the rest of them but andrews and gayle will make the team

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think I heard Sankey played with Locker a season so that could actually have been one of those little difference makers in the decision

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Brad Kassell and Billy Volek played a lot.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

James Gayle had a 37 inch vertical... wow

10. The Hammer

Good article from John Glennon on the UDFA WRs. Given the team's lack of WR depth one of these guys could very well be on the roster:

Jaz Reynolds, Oklahoma. The 6-foot-2, 201-pound Reynolds, who has a vertical jump of 35 inches, definitely passes the eye test. His speed is decent, as he ran a 4.57 40-yard dash at his Pro Day.​
    Reynolds had a big 2011 season for the Sooners, posting 41 catches (for an average of 17.4 yards) and five touchdowns, but he was suspended for the entire 2012 season after violating team rules. During his final year, he totaled just 14 catches and one touchdown.​
    “We had a different offense that year,” Reynolds said. “We had three different quarterbacks working out of the rotation, and we all had to sacrifice some of our catches to do more blocking. But it worked. If you have to take a backseat for the team, that’s what you do.”​

Josh Stewart, Oklahoma State. If the 5-10, 178-pound Stewart — who declared for the draft as a junior — was just a little bigger or faster, you can bet he would have been selected.​
    His sophomore numbers (101 catches for 1,210 yards and seven touchdowns) were especially impressive and his junior numbers (60 catches, 707 yards, three TDs) weren’t too shabby.​
    He ran a 4.63 40-yard dash, however, and his slight frame might not hold up to a lot of heavy hits.​
    “I think I’m pretty good at moving the chains. In one-on-one coverage, I feel like I have the confidence that nobody can cover me,” Stewart said. “I came from an offense where there was a lot of spread work, so we did a lot of things like finding open spots, being smart with option routes, things like that. So that helps me fit in this offense even better.”​
    Stewart is also a return threat, as he averaged nearly 17 yards per punt return last season and scored a pair of touchdowns.​

Derel Walker, Texas A&M. The 6-1, 188-pound Walker spent just two seasons with the Aggies after transferring in from Trinity Valley Community College, but he made the most of his senior year.​
    Working with quarterback Johnny Manziel, Walker produced 51 catches for 818 yards (a 16-yard average) and five touchdowns.​
    The fact that he was only productive for one season at the major college level, and his middle-of-the-road 4.65 40-yard dash, were likely the reasons he wasn’t drafted.​
    But Walker did finish with a flourish, totaling 20 receptions for 380 yards and three touchdowns over his last four games. The scouting report on him is that he has good hands and runs good routes.​
    “I’d just say I’m a playmaker in the open field,” Walker said. “I’m good at getting open, making plays and catching balls … I know it’s a great challenge (to make the NFL roster), but I’m willing to go down that road.”​

Eric Ward, Texas Tech. The 5-11, 203-pound Ward wasn’t drafted because he had only average height and average speed (he ran a 4.59-second 40-yard dash), but that didn’t stop him from being a tremendous playmaker in college.​
    He racked up more than 80 catches in each of his last three seasons, and his 83 catches last year ranked second in the Big 12. Harris also posted a combined 31 touchdowns during that stretch.​
    “I would say I’m just a good route-runner, have good hands and good body control, and I’m durable,” Ward said. “I have a good feel for the game to get open.”​
    Ward might work especially well as a slot receiver.​
    “This business is all about competition,” Ward said. “I’m just out there trying to leave a good impression.”​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar