UFC:172 Jon "Bones" Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It was a good fight. Jones really put pressure on him with the dirty boxing. I kept expecting him to get clipped and drop... He kept slipping and killing glover with the short elbows. Interesting tactic for sure

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

there are lots of reasons to not like the UFC, but this is probably the dumbest argument I've read against it. What same matchups over and over??

My problem with the UFC is they spread themselves way too thin with matches. It used to be a PPV would have at least a solid 4 matches with fighters you've heard of or want to see. Now we are lucky if there are two with the other 3 fights being horse-jockey fights (that's what I call any fights under lightweight). It's nice to have the free events on fox or fox sports but they are wasting some good fights on "Fight Nights" as main events, fights that should be used to build a quality PPV or a really good FOX card to help bring in and keep fans.

4. Alex1939

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/alexander-Gustafsson

Gustafsson will beat Jones in a rematch. I want to see it.

Also don't forget Cormier and Jones. I wouldn't declare Jones the greatest ever just yet. He still has some talent he needs to beat.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How many wins does World Peace have now?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Jones lost his fight to Gustafsson, Judges gave him that win. But I think he will be ready for this fight better then the last time. I expect him to win.

Cormier fights Dan Henderson, Dan should be a easy win for Cormier. You do have to watch out for his knock out power tho, but other then that I expect Henderson to get beat.

Since Phil Lost last night, Cormier can become a contender for the belt with a win.

Assuming Jones wins, I don't see Cormier beating Jones at all.

Did you see the way he bullied Glover?? Those elbows are demoralizing.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Jones is too long to sit back and wait for him to come in. You have to press him even if it means you get axe kicked or spin heeled.

The one time Glover got him on the cage, he landed some shots.

The biggest epidemic in the UFC are these half-assed shots where they don't even hit a knee. Phil Davis and Glover both lost(or lost worse) because they half assed their shots.

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Anthony Johnson looked good at 205. Dude use to cut weight to fight at 170 and was terrible. Also training with Evens helps. I was disappointed in Phil not trying to wrestle him more.

And Luke Rockhold had a very nice submission.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

..lol

10. Alex1939

So in your brain one re-match for what was practically fight of the year is the UFC repeating fights over and over and over...

you dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar