Ugghhh- Keep Pac or Trade Pac

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Feb 1, 2008.

?

Keep Pac or Trade Pac immediately

Poll closed Feb 11, 2008.
  1. Keep Pac

35 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Trade Pac immediately

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't see the value in trading him. All we would get is a 4th rd pick, maybe when he could be one of the best players in the league.

I think the team has to take a chance on him.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At first, when I heard the ESPN report, I thought the Titans may have told Jones they would CONSIDER trading him just to possibly sway him to keep his nose clean.

After Kuharsky's article which denies that rumor, it makes total sense the team maintains the stance that Pacman is dead to them until he is reinstated which doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

Right now, he has no value. He's going to have to come back and play a season proving he can:

1. Play at a high level again (I don't think we should assume he will).
    2. Stay out of trouble because the next suspension could be forever.

He does those two things and MAYBE the Titans could get a decent trade for him in '09. Of course, he does that and it'll be another Haynesworth situation where fans will want to keep him.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is something that has been bothering me a lot lately. I'm with Jeff. I'm definitely not ready to assume that Pacman can step onto the field and immediately become a top-5 corner and top-5 return man.

First of all, I think you have all built him up into something that he never was. He had a very good year in 2006, but his stats benefited from a lot of things (e.g., Reynaldo Hill on the other side of the field, a terrible run defense).

Now Pacman will be coming back after being away from football for a year. He may find resistance from teammates who succeeded without him. He will probably be told that he has to earn his job back. I can definitely see him becoming frustrated, unfocused and, ultimately, not playing that well.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think he will be the same player. The question in my mind has always been how much of his football skill is due to his "defiant" "me against the world" mentality. Right now, the world is kicking his butt and he has to swallow that mental outlook to get back. He is coming back to a market that is mixed in support and he will have to earn his job(s) back. Who knows if he can do it?

It is not wise IMO to trade him immediately after reinstatement. Only the Cowboys nibbled at the trade hint and apparently only that was speculation. His value will only go up with more time on the field. If it appears we don't need him in TC, then trade him.

I suspect his gets reinstated in April.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I hope you are right. Please be right! I just don't wanna here anymore crap about him. If he stays I'll support him. I just hope he walks the narrow path.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Trade him as long as we can get something worthwhile. In the meantime, restructure his contract (real low cap hits) with high production incentives and penalties for even going out to night clubs and bonus reversals for all convictions. Pacman must prove himself worthy off the field even more so than on it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No way they'll restructure because that means extending his current contract. He'll play out his rookie contract.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

5th rounder? I'd flip out. Could go down as one of the dumbest trades in history.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Even though you are possibly right, I'd take it.

It's not like the franchise has a history of getting good value in trades anyway. Former NFL MVP for a 4th rounder, yay yay!! :sarcasm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar