Unbiased opinion please

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by Scarecrow, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am going to be applying for the Metro PD soon, and because of my work history and background I am fairly confident I will get selected. Not to be arrogant at all, please do not take it that way, I am aware anything can happen.

SO first question is.....how is the police force is Nashville regarded? No I do not want to hear about how Officer Dildo gave me a ticket for going 5 over. I want to know how well they treat the people they serve and no corruption is being thrown around.

Second is.....I grew up about an hour east of Nashville, but do not know every little detail about the place. Its been atleast 6 years or so since I spent any time there. If I do get this job, I am looking for a decent sized apartment somewhat away from the city. Anyone know where I should start looking? I live in Memphis now, so driving back and forth is not much of an option.

Thanks in advance

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Sorry guys, this can be moved to the "Nashville" sub forum if needed.

Reading before taking action has never been a strong point for me. Guess thats why I joined the Marines.:D

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Best of luck, i'm not in Nashville so I have no advice. I almost went into criminal justice and became a cop, decided not to though. But seriously, if you ever pull me over I will "It sucks" all your posts for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. lol just kidding man, best of luck again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Well getting out of Memphis will be good even if you went to Hong Kong.

I will say this. When you are in Nashville you are being policed. In the surrounding counties I never dread seeing a Sheriffs cruiser. Take it for what its worth. I am sure all large Metropolitians are about the same in that way. Ohh, Nashville has more than its fair share of violent crime, but you will spend your time writing moving violations because thats what brings in the $$$s

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Here's your chance to meet the team up close and personal!

In the past, all a Metro Cop needed to do is park their vehicle on/off Broadway somewhere and a Tennessee Titan will most likely find you. You'll pull him over and he will have had too much to drink. We then get to see another red eyed mug shot of a Titan spewed all over the TV and inked on the newspapers.

Just kidding (sort of) Congrats, and welcome to our wonderful city. I think we can always use more good cops.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So can you get me out of future trouble??

Don't have a lot to say about Metro, but if you are looking to abuse your authority and act like a jackoff then I'd suggest joining the Hendersonville Police Department.

7. JEsports

JEsports Practice Squad

Hope you can ride a horse

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's a little something to keep things on the DL...

[​IMG]

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Having lived around a bit I'd have to say Nashville PD seems ghostlike compared to other towns I've lived in. You could probably drag a corpse down Broadway and not get arrested.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Franklin and Brentwood cops are the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar