Uncapped Season!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not going to happen.

Do you seriously think that an NFL team could manage the cap that badly? The Redskins are always right up against the cap. They know how to exist in such a state.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I fell that I should clarify this statement I made earlier before someone says something else about it. We don't pay free agents big money. However we will take care of our own if able to. As the case is with both our offensive tackles.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm not sure this has been addressed but, before considering signing high $$$ players during an uncapped season, I would take into consideration of a likely lock out in 2011. The owners are going to sign all these high $$$ players to millions of dollars in 2010 and then lock them out in 2011!?!? That would only point to the owners getting high cap figures when negotiations are complete....... right? Or am I missing something here.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

They would have to cut other players, but Haynesworth's guaranteed money pretty much guarantees he'll be a Redskin for at least the next five years.

I can't imagine the Titans would want him back after the shots he's taken at the organization and coaching staff.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget the shots he's taken at the Titans, what about the shots he takes at opposing QB's when he's not out of breath. That's the only reason I'd want him back.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

You guys are looking too deep into this. Big name players don't come to Tennessee, and we don't chase them. Any of our guys who want to chase a pay day, will be shown the door. For better or worse, that is the M.O. of our front office. The state of the salary cap will not alter the fate of our off-season any differently.

Also, let the big markets try to buy a championship. It is evident at this point that you can't.

Every year it seems the Yankees tack on over 100 million in new contracts, and haven't won a World Series since 2000.

The Knicks have the highest NBA payroll, haven't been Champs in nearly 30 years. (Boston won in '08 under the cap, Lakers won it in '09 only $5m over)

The Jets have the highest payroll in the NFL and they're not very rich in much of anything in January games. The Steelers do happen to be 2nd, but the Texans follow at 3rd and haven't even been to the playoffs yet.

Let Jerry spend til his hearts content. Just like he did last year. That franchise still doesn't seem to win much after Thanksgiving. So don't worry too much about anyone who may leave for a few extra bucks. ;)

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

RUCK THE FED SOX!!! GO YANKS!!!! THIS IS OUR YEAR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, an uncapped NFL will be the end of the Tennessee Titans. Small markets will drown. I pray that this doesn't happen

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I know. 9 years without the Yanks winning the hardware is unheard of. It sure is tough being a Yankees fan.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

You obviously don't realize how much money they've wasted. That, or the point went way over your head because nobody is panhandling sympathy for the Yankees.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think we'd be in a pretty good balance in an uncapped year. We aren't going to spend tons of money, but I don't think we'll be like the bucs and drop down 30% below the cap.

Haynesworth's contract is basically a 4 year, 48 million contract, the last four years won't happen. However, there's a huge bonus at the beginning of next offseason, so it would technically be possible for them to get rid of him after one season, but it's incredibly unlikely unless he does less than nothing all season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar