Uncapped Season!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loulou

loulou Camp Fodder

I hope we throw some money Julius Peppers way!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd gladly part ways with Kearse and KVB to later get Peppers. Actually I don't want to see those 2 leave, but Peppers has so much upside there.

3. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

it sure makes some fans nervous, but they always manage to pull strings somewhere

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don't know if it will be the end.... could be, I guess. We will definately be a "cellar-dweller".

Here is what scares me.......
    The Player's Union has already said that once they go un-capped for a season.... they will NEVER go back to a cap.

Also..... Upshaw's replacement seems to be hell bent on a big fight....seems like it to me anyway.

Yes.... Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and the Jets have big payrolls and have not won, but they have still dealt with a cap. No cap goes back to the days of dynasties. Good for a few fans, I suppose, but "parody" is gone. Same 4 teams in the hunt every year.

I would not doubt that Jerry Jones has positioned himself to do very well with no cap. He is probably counting on it.
    He was also fined by the league for his comments to the media about how "....there would be no revenue sharing in the next deal".
    There is no "for the good of the league" with him..... it's all Cowboys...all the time. (Same with the Redskins.)

5. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

For those that say that money wont buy championships are dead wrong. Unlike baseball you could pair up Haynesworth, Jenkins, Freeney, Someone from the Giants D-line, and they will destroy any offensive line.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I laugh at the Panthers for overpaying him- so I'd hate for it to be us.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The Marlins have managed a World Series. If we went uncapped forever, there'd still be a draft, and if we were always awful, we'd still get some of those good players. I'm not too worried about it.
    It's not like the Titans are near bankruptcy or anything, they could afford some good players if it came down to that.

8. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

First of all, I think there will definitely be at least one uncapped season, because it allows every owner to clear the books of cap hits.

Overall I see it giving a few owners who are willing to overpay an edge, but no where near a majority of owners, especially in these economic times. After one uncapped season, I think the majority of owners will be clamoring for a cap to even the odds back out. If this scenerio is indeed what goes down, I think we will be fine because Reinfeldt has been drafting very well, also we seem to do well enough going after mid-tier FAs, and their will be many more available when teams look to cut their losses with overpriced vets during an uncapped season. But that's just my opinion.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You can't sign players who won't be free agents. It's not like every player in the league will just be up for grabs.

10. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

In our case too, several good players won't reach FA next year if it is uncapped, since this will immediately require vets to be with their teams longer than 4 years. Players like Scaife who was Franchised this year, won't be a FA, hell we won't even have to franchise him, we can just give him a standard tender and make him play. It would also force LenDale to stay, and Tulloch, Vickerson, Amano and few others too if I remember correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar