Underwood on 104.5

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Summary:

- Only interviewed 4 people but "looked at tons of people".
    - Spent "hundreds of hours" on the interview process.
    - Disagrees interview search was a "sham". But admits he may have "understated" how the search came off to fans during the presser yesterday.
    - Amy grew up in this business so she "understands something" about head coaches.
    - After Ray's interview they asked if Amy wanted to interview anyone else, she said no.
    - Amy knew fan reaction would not be good. Wanted to make decision on her own regardless of reaction. (Commendable I suppose. But if it turns out to be a bad hire hopefully she leaves it to the professionals from now on.)
    - Said some fans will disagree with a hire regardless of who it is. (which is true, but this is extremely OVERWHELMING disagreement).
    - Mularkey did well in Buffalo with a "better than average QB". When he didn't have a "better than average QB" he did not do so well. You have to have a QB to be successful in the NFL.
    - Mularkey lost a lot of games by close scores. (I guess this is a positive in his mind?)
    - Jacksonville was a bad situation when Mularkey was there.
    - If you made decisions solely on their W/L record you'd have a lot of coaches looking for work.
    - Lots of great coaches have bad records. (LOL!!!)
    - Excused the record last year due to injuries and having to work within Whiz's system.
    - Fisher was bad as interim but then became a good HC. (He however failed to point out that Fisher had not previously failed as a HC with two different team. And also plenty of people would debate how good of a coach he really was anyway.)
    - To his knowledge the NFL can't force a team to sell. Never been mentioned to him as a possibility.
    - The issue with our team structure is "between us and the NFL". Wouldn't go into any detail.
    - Sale rumors could stem from people who simply want to buy the team.
    - Team has never been for sale.
    - No ticket price increase this year. (LMFAO, ya think?)
    - All of the GM candidates "did a great job" in interviews. But Jon had a "special kind of passion" and that's why they chose him
    - Also Jon was willing to "collaborate with our head coach, whoever that was going to be". (uh-huh)
    - PK asked where Underwood would rank the Titans as an organization. He said "we're not getting it done.... We're in the lower quartile."

PK & Midday180's response:
    - Still categorize the process as a sham. But Underwood didn't make the hire and he's taking a bullet for his boss.
    - Yes it was a bad situation in Jacksonville. But when you take that job you are accepting the risk. You can't try to distant yourself from it after the fact.
    - Underwood did not seem as disconnected from the fans today as he did yesterday.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Lol @ using Fisher as an example.

How are the Rams doing Undewood?

Honestly, he can stfu now. Id be just fine not hearing from him for a while. Hes so full of ****.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he uses Fisher to make a point about not needing wins to hold a job in STL, then uses him as to why bad coaches can start out bad... it was weird hearing that

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He actually went on to say "Even Jeff hasn't had a winning record in St. Louis yet". Well then Steve, do you think that maybe there's a chance he's just not a very good coach after all?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I will admit I've backed away from the ledge just a wee bit since Sunday. I still absolutely abhor how this all went down. And I still do not trust that Amy had the knowledge/experience to be making such a big decision all on her own. I sincerely hope she proves me wrong in that aspect because it sounds like we're stuck with her for the foreseeable future.

That said, this organization still won't be seeing a dime of my money until they legitimately turn this thing around. The days of blind faith are well in the rear view.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

those dots do not connect dusty, what are you thinking! lol

if he put 2 and 2 together to see Fisher is a dope then he wouldn't have allowed Mularkey back..

Jeff Fisher has been a HC for 20-something years, he MUST be good right.....

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The past couple days have really made me dislike Underwood and the ownership. I cant stand someone telling me a lie to my face. He wasnt in front of me but thats as personal as I can take a comment that wasnt addressed right to me.

#7 Alzarius, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Acceptance.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

its all going to be ok, we have the QB whisperer, remember lol

• LOL LOL x 3
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lord knows there was plenty of anger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar