Undue treatment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

whats up people. beeen a bit since i've gotten on these boards....

first off RIP mcnair u r a star. ill rock ya jersey for life. hope all the best for the family. (silence)

so another boring off season. nothin happenin in the news right now so i figured to try to dig a bit deeper and see if we can make a good debate.

i was thinkin now lookin at mason retirement and after the loss of steve, does anyone feel like they are being shown in purple more than blue. i mean these two guys in particular were part of lot for the titans. years and years starting and gettin love from all Tenn (id imagine ...course never been but i mean still) y the ravens got a take that too. its not like they dont get enough attension already or that they havent had or dont have enough stars as it is.

this might come off as whiny or a bit bad...but tahts not what im gettin at. im just sayin these two guys def meant more to titan fans than raven ones.

guess no matter how long u stay from these boards some things will never change. i see we still dont get due 'national attention'. i hate the ravens.....and if jesse is stil here...def him too (just in anticipation of some absurd upcoming post)

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

McNair and Mason played for the Ravens?

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

on a more serious note...having been mostly keeping up with the McNair news on tennessean.com, and a little on espn.com, i thought they mostly showed Steve as a Titan.

On the other hand... if I did not know any better i would think D Mase is, and always has been, a Raven.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The day of Macnair's death you'd have thought they only had shots of him as a Raven on NFL and ESPN.. Hard to believe that first year they went 13-3. They were barely functional on offense. I recall game 1 of that season they played Cincy at night and McNair was taking a total body beating - as he did for the rest of the season. He should have retired.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

CC is right on the coverage. The researchers definitely went to the most recent section of the archive footage for all the "short clip" stuff that would loop during a repeated blurb about Steve. And that crap sucked. Like the rest of the nation wouldn't remember Steve more as a Titan than a Raven. Ridiculous, imo.

On the other hand, this offseason, the overall opinion by the national media of the Titans org, the team, its moves, its coaches, etc., has taken a nice step toward appreciation and in growing cases, adoration. I understand your perspective, and it's right on regarding the Big Titans' Diss that people tend to have about our team, but I've caught some real nice bits over the last few months that lead me to believe we're returning to as-good-as-that-glowing-attention-gets-for-a-small-market-team status that we held the five years before the last five. Some topics:

Titans sign Nate Washington. Seemed like the obvious move and we did it.

Titans select WR with first pick. Seemed less likely since we got one in FA. This was like overcompensating in the eyes of many! Whoa, Titans go WR crazy. Added one big name and two rising small school stars also in the Heimi mold in Dominique Edison (6th) and Dudle Guice (UD).

Media not making a big stink about Titans collapsing without Haynesworth. Most analysts contend Titans will defend title against Indy (or rather battle with Indy for it with Houston being a wildcard and Jax likely struggling). I think some of this is due to the fact that Albert couldn't make Tennessee look bad without looking pretty questionable in his big interview about why he left and the Titans didn't try harder to retain him. In fact, I think a lot of people got the impression that Haynesworth came off like a spoiled jerk. Or maybe that was mine. Either way, he did, and the org hasn't felt repercussions of opinion as a result. So, not bad!

The Titans OL has been well-considered from all sources I've read or seen. We can argue that it's the best, but I've more heard from big outlets "2nd behind the Giants." Not bad. We have Johnson, White is under 235 lbs., and that's not working against us, either.

We just lost the heart of the last (or first) Titans epoch, but this incarnation is reaching its prime. Through it all, we have Jeff Fisher, who I think now everyone can see why he's a made man among coaches, players and NFL personnel alike. He got the title of longest tenured coach last year, and now people see he's got just about everything else that goes along with it. I've heard some say as they got older, they started rooting for coaches of teams, because the players they loved so well had gone. I think Fisher might have more people rooting for him now than any other single player on our team, and that's including media personnel.

I think things are turning in our favor. We'll know for sure once the season starts, because then it'll be entirely up to the Titans' play on the field. But I think we'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TENNFOLD1974

TENNFOLD1974 Raven hater to the core

The Ravens completely blow

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Now we just have to beat them.

8. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

I would've considered Mason one of the all time Titan greats until last season. McNair has be mostly shown in the 2 tone blue.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I consider what footage espn chooses to show of McNair and Mason, by in large, a non issue. Maybe that's just me, but I really don't give a crap.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

One thing to keep in mind is that the networks may have looked for footage that was shot in HD, because their current broadcasts are HD. The switch between using SD and HD cameras as the norm for sports was happening around the time McNair and Mason left, so the networks may not have much HD footage of those guys as Titans.

Not the most scandalous explanation, but a pretty plausible one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar