Unique Titans offense may offer advantage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thats what i'm hoping as well especially since next year there is a good chance Britt and Washington could both be gone.I do think Washington fits in perfect with our offense and if his contract wasn't so high he would most likely be back next season.As far as Hunter he hasn't caught on as quick as Wright did in his rookie season but i do hope he eventually has a game where he breaks out and catches a few passes.We do have some good tight ends in Walker and Stevens so we are set there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm not sure if its a matter of stepping up but more as in actually becoming part of the game plan. Britt and Washington already have the top spots covered. Until one or both are gone, he will be in a designed role. Seems to me like they want to continue him as a run/screen WR

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

They should let him stretch the field like he did in college. Its stupid to keep him in the slot exclusively.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He did get used as the slot stretch a couple times last game.

5. smili

smili Starter

Dead on with this. It was all we needed to do to win the game. We got up with that one drive rushing the ball with Battle, and the Steelers weren't able to move the ball otherwise. It was a situation of "don't lose the game."

My guess is we pass alot more if teams start stacking against the run and the game is in the balance. We have talent at the WR spot and will use it.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

When u play conservative and not to loose the game, you usually do loose the game. We remember this from our fisher days. up by 3, run the ball to keep the clock run, no first down punt then we loose..... and I specifically remember this happening a few years back at home to the broncos.
    I never have the mentality of "don't loose the game".... you gotta go out and win the game! We got to be careful with the football but at the same time be aggressive just a bit more! just remember this old saying from herm edwards "You Play to Win the Game!"

7. smili

smili Starter

I normally would agree 100% with this, but watching the Steelers game it just felt like they weren't going to do anything offensively. That is one game where conservative felt like the right thing to do.

Against the Texans today I had completely different feeling - that the offense needed to step up and put that one away - and didn't.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

exactly.... but I would radther go down swinging than go down looking and today we went down looking! We tried to not loose the game and we lost which really angered me more the most out of anything. Our defense did not deserve to be on the field in OT because we had the ball with 4 mins left in the game up by 8, and we needed a first down, maybe a 2nd first down at the most and our offense failed. Gotta play aggressive and play to win!

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

lol @ this thread title

10. smili

smili Starter

You know, I was actually a little bit upset at the play-calling at the end because we managed to give the ball back to the Texans with so much time on the clock - but then I realized they called a pass play on 3rd down (WR screen I think) to try to get first down and it was incomplete stopping the clock. It could've picked up first down when another approach would've been to keep clock running w/ run play. They just didn't execute. Our offense really is disappointing to me this year - and lack of execution as much as anything is frustrating. The defense has been carrying the load so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar