Unprecedented Suspension Basis for Jones Appeal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Friday, when Pacman Jones faces NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to appeal his year-long suspension, he'll attempt to show that it was "unprecedented in its severity, given the League’s historical treatment of offenses which are of similar or greater gravity." What Jones' attorneys will point out is a list of more than 280 NFL players arrested or involved in incidents with police, dating back to 2000 and includes such major incidents as the double murder charges originally levied against Baltimore LB Ray Lewis as well as a number of other felony and misdemeanor charges, many of which were dropped or pleaded out. It also leaves open the possibility of legal action if the appeals process proves unsuccessful.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

we are pulling for you, pac...

i hope it gets reduced to 10 or 12 games (with no chance at a lessor sentence like before)...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, this is unfortunate, but sometimes necessary. Slick Rick says, some of these guys get away with way too much. Slick Rick says, professional athletes are supposed to be role models for the youth of the nation

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

going from no suspensions to an entire year is what i have a problem with. i dont see how all of his "incidents" weren't worthy of a suspension, but all of them were cumulatively worth 16.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I could deal with a reduction of the suspension.

But what do the Titans really want to do with him?

A whole year means the contract gets bumped back.
    What are the contract ramifications of a partial season suspension?

Do the Titans want him back?
    I don't doubt that he would help. But what would Bud do?

The Ray Lewis incident was when it should have started.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because we've been on a spending spree...

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

The Titans definetly want him back. I am pretty sure if this appeal is not affective, that legal action would be. I am sure it would go to arbitration and the arbitrator would find some middle ground. That is generally what happens in such legal situations.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Let's pray for 8 or less. Lets be for real, I think your boy Chris Henry is more guilty than Pac is for off the field incidents (he actually pled guilty) and he got hit with eight. And if this does go to arbititration by some means, would Pac be allowed to play while it gets hashed out?

10. not only did he plead guilty he had more offenses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar