Unusual Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, here's my practice mock for today. Just a mood I'm in. Favorable toward addressing the passing game up top. I should be thinking this direction a little more if we're serious here. Also, I'm feeling this way today because Holt's out of the picture, Braylon Edwards is going to be traded, and probably to the Giants or Eagles, and Boldin I heard this morning on Sirius may seriously go the Ravens. Brace yourselves. It's not pretty.

#30 - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida - Uff what you heard. The Titans know Harvin smoked and got caught. They also know he's no Pacman Jones. With their lockerroom of contenders and veterans, the Titans feel like Harvin in Nashville will be where he will have an environment to be challenged anew. Harvin was always too close to the ceiling in high school and college. On the Titans, he'll have more "headroom." Like LenDale, he'll have his role. He won't be as fast as Washington or Johnson, and won't be the back that Johnson or LenDale are, but he will contribute. The Titans offense will become more unpredictable as a result.

#62 - Cornelius Ingram, TE, Flordia - Yep. I know. You should see the Cincinnati mock in my head, where there's 3 Cinnci players in the 1st three picks (Barwin, Mickens, Canfield, 1-2-3, with a slight chance of Huber in the 6th or 7th). Anyway, I reminded myself in an earlier thread how much Ingram made me think he was a WR the first few times I saw him. A very very dangerous red zone threat, his injury pulled him down to round 3 and 4 projections. His workouts, precise routes and great size are leading me to think he could be a good all-around TE like Crumpler as early as next year, which would be good timing. Already better in this department than Stevens (catching), and a better character than Harvin, Ingram would help keep Harvin from feeling isolated and overwhelmed as well. These two were big reasons Florida's passing game was so good. I have to think the Titans could use both these players with Johnson, Washington, LenDale, Scaife, Gage and Crumpler. Nice balance at the skill positions (3 RBs Johnson, White, Harvin; 3 TEs Scaife, Ingram, Crumpler; 3 XYZ WRs Washington, Gage, Harvin -- without even adding Hawkins and Williams back into the mix.)

I move Ingram up because Pettigrew, Nelson and Cook I think are possibly gone by now, and Ingram has the potential to be the most complete TE after Pettigrew, I feel.

#94 - Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers - Who is this guy? Yes. It's begun. Went up against Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood in practice, McCourty has the size and speed the Titans love. 6'0 193, McCourty ran 4.30 and 4.36 at his pro day. Less character issues than Ladarius Webb, and less injury concern than Kevin Barnes. Can afford to sit behind Harper a year. Will be a great special teams gunner.

#130 - Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida International - The beast in the middle. Titans love his nasty attitude.

#136 - Deon Butler, WR, Penn St. - Pretty much in case Harvin is an epic fail. Titans luck into this one a la Lavelle Hawkins in 2008.

#173 - Everette Pedescleaux, DT, Northern Iowa - 6'6 305 very quick disruptive penetrator. Can be held up, but Washburn will turn him into a good rotational tackle.

#203 - Samuel Allen, OL, Grand Valley St.

#206 - Derek Cox, CB, William and Mary

#239 - Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati

#242 - Herb Donaldson, RB, Western Illinois

Holla back.

G

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why is everyone so stuck on Percy Harvin? He'd do absolutely nothing for us other than collect a paycheck.
    We've got a better version already. Why would we get the generic, often injured, no true position version?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Devon hester

Randal el

Harvin is that type of athlete..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jason McCourty might be worth that pick. would have been nice to compare his 40 time at the combine.

FYI he was not first team or 2nd team all big east.

Mickens was 1st team along with butler and would be my choice in the third if there.

I also like underwood one of the other cincy CBs with our last pick in the 4th rd.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sweet. He'd be a great round 3 pick-up as a PUNT RETURNER.

Hester is 1 and done just like I told everyone he would be. A product of blocking and straight-line speed. Nothing more. His cuts always sucked, he just had great vision + blocking. He's had 2 punt return TDs that were impressive and they were vs DUKE. Seriously...

That type of talent might be worth a 3rd round pick, but not a first.

Dante Halls aren't worth firsts. Actually I apologize to Hall, because he actually played a position.

Rod Smarts aren't worth firsts.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not stuck, Deuce. Freely weighing the options.

Titans want to make more PLAYS...IN....SPACE. I think they could add Harvin or a fast TE for that reason.

Reminds of the old Muppets "Pigs...In...Space!" sketches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFvZtROeJrE

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Hester is turning into one heck of a WR. Last year he had 51 catches for 661 yards (because you don't know I'll tell you that Dante, the guy with a position has never come close to catching 51 balls in a season). Keep in mind Hester wasn't even a true offensive player coming out of Miami and Chicago just started using him as a WR. Harvin is a far more polished player coming out with similar skills.

Also, making comments about Hester being a crap returner and it was all blocking and none of him is about as silly as anything I've read. I guess Hester lost those moves he used against Duke when he got to the Bears.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the bears, one of two teams who were worse at WR than we were last year. who else are they going to throw the ball to?

and a guy with hester's speed should average more than 13 YPC. people think torry holt has lost a step because he only averaged 12.4 last year....

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if having God's second son in tim tebow wasn't enough to steer harvin away from getting into fist fights with teammates and smoking the greeny green, what will!?

:lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:lol:

Upon further review, I'd say Tebow was guilty of "turning the other cheek" regarding Harvin. His top playmaker? Tebow might indict his guys in public, but over beers is a different story, I'd wager.

I'd say the difference would be having vets like Bulluck, KVB and Mawae who would be willing to kick the crap out of him on their way to get a championship ring. He can see for himself what's happened to Bernard Jones and Vince because of "attitude" and "character" issues.

Besides, it's different being a late one pick versus a top 10 pick. His bones aren't nearly as valuable. :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar