Upgrade Talk Serves as Motivation for Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: He hears how the Titans needs to upgrade the right defensive end position to take pressure off of Kyle Vanden Bosch. It serves as motivation for Antwan Odom who lost most of last season due to a serious leg injury. “My whole life has been like that. People saying you can’t do this, and you can’t do that," said Odom. "It’s motivation and makes me work harder. I like proving people wrong. It’s a make or break year for me. I need to show them that I can perform up to my abilities and where they drafted me at."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I hope he can stay healthy.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hopefully nothing bothers him this year. I was hoping for big things for him last year, once the sleep apnea had been diagnosed and he had that surgery to help. His big knock in college was he was lazy, but little did anyone know that it was because he couldn't get enough oxygen to last. It's a shame he lost his sister because of the same condition.

Like Jevon of old, and Gaines Adams, Odom is a little "freaky" himself. Very athletic. I feel like any increase in line production is going to come from him being able to contribute for a full season.

We have several guys who need to have that good season this year -- Haynesworth, Starks, Odom, Long -- hopefully that personal need for excellence will be the real upgrade our DLine has been seeking.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

If he could come back strong that would be a huge boost to the d-line. I guess he's kind of a wild card on defense for the Titans this season

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

:beerbang: Here's to staying healthy, and producing. Can we get 10-12 sacks outcha?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Odom CAN be a beast. He is inconsistent. Is it all apnea-related. I don't think so. He has all the physical tools but he needs a better outside move to be great. This is his make or break year. Hopefully he has been working hard enough to prove himself.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would think sucking would be enough motivation to get better, i guess not.

8. DJB

DJB Starter

:ha:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I lump him with LaBoy and Starks as those who flash potential but are inconsistent or can't stay on the field.

Remember the '05 preseason? He couldn't be blocked. Even against first-team OL he was wreaking havoc on teams. All the talk was about how Reese had found a replacement for Kearse.

Then the season started and Odom disappeared and then got hurt.

I'm hoping Washburn can use Odom on early down and LaBoy in obvious passing situations. But based on their past, I doubt either can be counted on.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i remember that. i thought he was going to have 10+ sacks that year. :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar