Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Upon Further Review: Giants at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: Quarterback

Count me among those gladly drinking the Young isn't accurate shaddup juice this morning.After being criticized for his lack of accuracy from myself and others, Young showed how sharp he could be yesterday. He finished the game with a 107.9 passer rating and a 68.5% completion rate. Better yet, he showed the poise of a veteran by making some excellent decisions when to pull down the ball and run with it when the pressure was on.

Grade: A-

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001887.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    Nice article TJ. I take exception, however, to the statement that 2 poor passes set up Pac's picks. In particular, the 2nd INT. That pass was actually on the mark- Pac appeared slightly "beat" but he apparently baited Eli into the throw (which admittedly was under pressure). Pac made an incredible athletic move (mimicking high jumper leg use) to get height- made a full extension tip and caught/secured the ball on his descent. He held on to it. That 2nd pick was pure athletic Pac. Let's give him the proper credit there.

He also contributed mightily on special teams and had a solid run on offense.
  3. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    That run was suppose to be a pass. I would have liked to see what the play was meant to be.
  4. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    I'll take the 23 yards.
  5. guitarjunkie Hates the Offseason

Moolah:
    $8
    "Coaching
    The "fire anyone" talk should go to the back burner for a while. Coach Fisher has proven there is no quit with his team. OC Norm Chow called a solid game late and even DC Jim Schwartz's defense tightened up late when it counted.

Fisher has owned Tom Coughlin since the '99 three-peat. I'm thinking this one might have been the most satisfying.

Grade: A"

I would have given this a "C" at best. Don't get me wrong I think the coaching has improved, but we should not have been down 21 heading into the fourth. How much of the comeback was coaching?, I don't know, I'm thinking the team took it upon themselves to go play ball.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,529
    Quarterback
    Count me among those gladly drinking the Young isn't accurate shaddup juice this morning.

"After being criticized for his lack of accuracy from myself and others, Young showed how sharp he could be yesterday. He finished the game with a 107.9 passer rating and a 68.5% completion rate. Better yet, he showed the poise of a veteran by making some excellent decisions when to pull down the ball and run with it when the pressure was on.

Grade: A-"

107.9 rating and 68% and not an A? sheesh
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    I guess he wanted four TDs for the A? ;)
  7. GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

Locker
    Moolah:
    $865
    I'm glad I don't have to drink the "he can't pass" Koolaid, I always said he would get it once we got him. But, I definately have to drink the "don't draft him" Koolaid.

I just hope that all these people that are high on him now don't dog him when he struggles. It's bound to happen, he is after all, still a rookie.

GO VINCE !!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.