Upon Further Review: I'm a Believer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After the Cowboys game, I was among those who felt the Titans rushed Vince Young too soon and wrote such in my Monday Morning QB article.

But I also mentioned in that article the true measurement of whether or not it was the proper decision would be based on how he improved. Let's take a look at how Young has played since that first game...

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001857.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Good read! Who writes these articles and do they post in forums?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good points..

The poise, leadership and decision making are there. We can see him making progress. I'm still concerned about his accuracy. Even when he was at the best he has been all season he was just 7-13. When a QB has time and a lane to throw he has to deliver a near perfect pass 80% of the time to make up for the times when he can't. The drops are a problem for every QB but they are made up for the less than perfect passes that get caught.

He just hasn't been consistant with his throws.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mean while, meril hoge continues to give no credit to vince. i was just watching NFL Live, they showed vince's TD run and you hear meril say "pssh, he barely got in and he hardly looked good doing it"

later on they showed his flip to scaife, he was silent.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

compare his first 6.5 games to Alex Smith...............he is light yrs ahead.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Looks like a weekly ranking. Leinart may well have had a better week than Young. However I do believe Vince is playing than Leinart, regardless of circumstances.

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

You gotta wonder about the SI ratings when they rate someone who hasn't played.
    Jason Campbell at 32

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

They have to... The list is all of the starting QBs....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar