Upon Further Review: Time for Fans to Forgive Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's on the field, and it's true, but he doesn't deserve more punishment for off-field stuff unless something else happens.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Poor little albert. No one is ever fair to him...

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bongo says he's gone....so I should go buy a #92 jersey.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Safest investment you'll ever make :yes:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Haynesworth is a difference-maker but disappears for stretches. I've read where he admits to not using the technique he's been taught at times. That tells me a lot about his desire to be one of the best in this league.

Even if he was a choir boy, the Titans have never paid big money for a DT because of the system they play. Why pay a ton to a player who is part of a rotation? Washburn finds mid and late-round DTs who do well in that system. He has to be more of an impact player.

Haynesworth is hurt too much. He doesn't play consistently well. He doesn't appear to be able to stay on the field enough because he gets gassed and his level of play drops.

He has something to prove these last few games. He better be force.

As for his future with the Titans, unless he is willing to take some kind of incentive-based contract with an unique signing bonus structure (which I don't think he will), I don't think he'll get that deal anytime soon because I don't see the Titans throwing a ton of bonus money his way. Maybe they could work out a shorter deal which protects the team along with giving Haynesworth the ability to up his stock.

Though I don't see him having much trade value right now, it would probably be best for his career if he could be traded.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only question I have is if we let Haynesworth walk and possibly deal Pacman (as you have suggested before) what kind of defense will we have next year? I guess we are already worst in the league and can't get any worse (but we can). Add in that we may lose Bennett, Givens is going to be coming off major injury and even with VY improving the situation starts to look bleak.

If we have the CAP room I might look to extend Albert if he can be kept at a reasonable price. If he doesn't want to play on a renegotiated contract that is more in line with his contribution maybe we do let him go but trying to replace him, inconsistent or not is not going to be easy. Starks isn't the answer and Smith (also a UFA) is average IMO. We also have a need at DE and S.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and DC

8. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Agreed, he's got the second chance to prove his worth, I hope he seizes it....
    :drink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar