Upon Further Review: Titans at Eagles Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Quarterback: Though Vince Young had a pass caught for a touchdown, he was lucky he wasn't intercepted for a touchdown at least twice. At some point, he must learn not to stare down receivers. 8-for-22 won't cut it. He did make some clutch runs to keep drives alive but this wasn't one for the VY highlight reel.

Grade: D+

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001872.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I disagree that Vince's pass to Jones that was dropped was poorly thrown...and I think Vince deserves better than a D+...

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I'd split VY's grade....a "B+" for his running and an "F" for his passing performance.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Offense run: A-
    Offense pass: D+
    Defense run: B+
    Defense pass: B-
    ST defense: D
    ST offense: A-

Beating the Eagles on the road: Priceless

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i agree
    i disagree. i think he got a D+ because of his running, his passing was a 100% F performance.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My question is, could Vince pass when he was in college?

I didn't pay enough attention to his arm yesterday, but I've been reading here about attempting to change his throwing style. Is that a factor? And if so WHY would you want him to change his style?

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think it's his throwing motion that needs changed,
    I think it's his judgement of when to throw, and his telegraphing his throws, that needs work.

His passes are online, it's just he sometimes throws to receivers that have a defender all over them because he never looks off them.

Bennett was wide open going in the endzone once, but VY didnt' see him because he never looks away from his first receiver.

8. Yep, staring down the receivers is the problem at the moment, imo, his throwing motion doesn't need changing, just a bit of fine tuning, and also, he did play poorly when passing yesterday, but in my eyes, we won the gameby running, so it didn't cost us, but our receivers need to catch the jump balls, I remember BJ and Drew having two clear balls that they dropped...

9. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

how about an A for a win...regardless of passing performance or going 8 for 22 or whatever it was, we found a way to win... Special teams, T. Henry, troupe, everyone did a good job at finding a way.. I'm not saying that this was a fundimentally sound game it wasn't, it was sloppy at times- we had some luck on D with dropped passes from the eagles and miscues but thats what happens... luck is always a factor and Thank god the ball bounced our way yesterday... The "Great teams" in the nfl seem to always get those lucky breaks, the ball always seems to bounce their way . what makes a good team is putting yourself in the position to take advantage of the luck.. Thats what we did yesterday, so guess what, ***k the stats and the breakdown of each players personal performance, it's a win so I give it an A..
    Yesterday we found a way to take advantage of situations when we got them.. Thats the mark of a good team, that is growing...

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Amen to that. He didn't get fumbilities or threw 3-4 INTs (Although the word goes that it was close). But he didn't and we won. When the big plays were needed, they were executed. We won, didn't give the ball away and scored on offense, defense and ST. It might not be impressive in every aspect, but as a team we beat the crap out of the budgies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar