Upon Further Review: Titans at Texans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Can anyone tell me what it would take for the titans to make the playoffs this year?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And you can flip that as well. The Titans have beaten only one team by more than six points. They've won half their games by a FG.

What matters is the Titans are finding ways to win when they have obvious experience/talent issues. Another strong draft and a few free agents may be all it takes to push them towards a 10-win+ season in '07.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:)

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You paid attention. I was going to mention Bironas and the coaching staff for doing that. They took Mathis out of the game by kicking off very high to the 20 or so. They got very few yards after the catch. Nice talent on the part of Bironas to be able to do that.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your right but as someone else posted in another thread. We seem to pull out performances that match the level of the teams we're playing. It's not pretty but it's working. The Jags will be a litmus test of where we really stand in the league right now.

In terms of the Texans,had we blown them out would the victory have been has sweet? They are hurting very badly in Houston right now & it will not be easy to come back from that loss.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:
    exactly what i've been preaching all day..

Just like the last 2 games before this one, luck has been the greatest factor in determining the outcome, and Bironis has been the second.

7. plato

plato Camp Fodder

For the talent level on this team we are playing way over our heads...
    I think with Collins we would be 1-12 or so.. With McNair maybe 3-10 or so....
    Remember defense wins games and we had the worst defense in the NFL by 20 yards a game going into Houston....

There has been an attitude change in the Titans and it has affected the whole organization...

The Titans now think they can win any game...

I wonder why?

5 worst defenses thru 12 and record thru 13
    1. Tenn 6-7
    2. Ariz 4-9
    3. Clev 4-9
    4. GrBy 5-8
    5. Hou 4-9

5 worst offenses thru 12 and record thru 13
    1. Oakland 2-11
    2. Tampa 3-10
    3. Buff 6-7
    4. Clev 4-9
    5. Tenn 6-7

Tenn is 20th in turnover margin
    19th in scoring offense
    29th in scoring defense
    None of those are very good either..

We are the only team on both list but just went 6-2.. Not many teams in the NFL have done better in the last 8 games and certainly nobody from the above list.. In fact only San Diego has a better record over the last 8 games..

By the way Tenn has had the toughest schudule in the NFL this year..

I think it's been more than just luck.. There has to be some magic involved as well..

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

If you guys want to talk about "luck", it goes both ways. If you look at the majority of the games this season, we've had about as much bad luck in the losses as good luck in the wins. By the way, I find it funny that you hardly ever have any "lucky" talk after a loss. In a loss, it's always someone's fault. In a win (especially one over a great team), it's always "luck" that wins it for you. I disagree. It's clear that Young is a great athlete. It's also clear that for one reason or another, the O-line has improved. A spirited leader can get that fixed. I believe that if Henry was a starter in this mindset last year, he could have given us the other half of the offense that we needed to get some passing worked out. VY? in-VINCE-able? He's not really that good... He's got lady luck on his side these past few games. He will get thrown back to earth real fast when he loses again. WAKE UP, PEOPLE! Vince is the real deal! Do you think it's luck that makes him excel under pressure? GET CONVINCED!

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I agree, these grades are homeristic... Is that even a word, lol?

10. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Have to agree, when you read the grades you'd think we'd won 36-0 or something.. It was a great performance but I do worry the Jags will bring us down to earth a bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar