Useless infor Preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Lmfaoooooo this thread is cute.

We are a 4 win team. That's cool NE looked like ass 20 years ago. Deal with the fact we won't win more then 4.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You obviously did not understand what I was insinuating...the whole gigantic injury jinx you just put on the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

why in the f would you say that. We have one more game and you know our starters are going to play a drive or 2. thanks for the biggest jinx ever

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

you can correct that subject line. Just click on "Thread tools" and the option should appear.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Get your trolling ass and get to steppin

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

My steppin is gonna turn to stompin in our week 1 GOAT match

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Then you'll just wake up

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There is nothing more worthless than preseason football to gauge how good a team will or won't be.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think that crap teams that are desperate to prove they aren't crap do well in the preseason. 0-16 lions went 4-0 preseason.

Good teams just try to get through preseason. I remember one of the good manning colts teams went 0-4 in preseason.

I'm not worried about it. Would like to see us get Davis and decker back though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few things.

Pre-season means nothing....sort of. Sure the records don't count but who wins is also not indicative of how well the starters do either. I believe in the Bills run to SB after SB...one year they went 4-0 and another year they went 0-4. So record really does mean nothing.

What is disconcerting is how our starters are looking from 1v1 matchups to poor group play (OL) to lack of discipline (Lewan, Spain, outside contain in the front 7 on D). Lackluster effort vs Jets and Bears. One might write this last thing off as...it's just pre-season, but we saw it kill our playoff hopes last year vs the Jags where they came out as the team WANTING to win and we came out merely as a team expecting to win simply by showing up. The additional factor to that is coaching. Mularkey said he had a bad feeling leading up to the Jets game and yet did nothing about it...and he's not really a high motivational coach to begin with. Not good!

For all of our talent, we need to get the most out of each and every player. That is one of the overlooked aspect of NE. Part of it is tactical - putting players in positions to succeed. And the other part is motivation! You don't wanna bring your A-game...bye!

Special teams is one area that looks much improved...especially at coverage (minus the punt block) and I'm expecting some big things from Adoree! And the defense should play better with an improved secondary if the front 7 can do what they did last year vs the run and similar QB pressure.

Right now the offense looks a bit out of sync. We had penalties and mixups and stupid stuff messing up our drives. And Conklin better start working on it right now...people are gonna be licking their chops to bullrush him this season.

Mariota also sailed a lot of passes and that typically happens due to footwork, pressure close in front of where you're throwing, and pressure at your feet stopping you from stepping thru (back to footwork). Mariota had all those going on and threw some away too. We are not a team yet that can have our run game shut down and give up pressure on Mariota with only rushing 4. That may change with Decker and once Davis is healthy and comfortable...but until then, we have a lot of work to do!

As someone who has coached football, watching a team come out flat and undisciplined sends red flags up. If we see this happen during the regular season again and again we do poorly in division, it will spend the end of Mularkey I think. But if we can live up to our potential, we can win this division and be a team that improves as the season goes on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar