UT Fans unaware of what they're cheering for?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm not sure how many people know, but apparently it's very few. You guys do realize that Tennessee winning last night bought Phil Fulmer another 2 years as coach, right? If he wins the SEC champ? Add another year.
    The only thing holding UT back is Fulmer. Unfortunately for you guys, it doesnt take a good team nor a good coach to beat LSU, so either way you lose in that game.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fulmer has never lost to a Division II school, good thing for you Carr stepped down.

You should be spending your time hoping Michigan doesn't hire LES (yes that's LES, not WES, gloat) Miles. I think he's one of the worst coach's in the SEC. He should have watched the UT-Ark tape to see how Fulmer beat Arkansas. Fulmer showed him how to win, but Miles makes some of the most boneheaded moves of any coach.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was among those ready to see the Great Pumpkin go. After the Florida game, I thought the Vols defense would lead to a six loss season.

This isn't anywhere near the best UT team in the last decade but they have gutted out some close games and improved. I don't give them much hope against LSU but only two losses in the SEC is impressive for where this team was.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This goes along with my principle of not cheering for a loss in order to get a higher draft pick. An SEC East Title is an SEC East Title.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That SEC East title's a complete joke if Tennessee is playing for it, and means nothing. It does however expose just how weak the SEC truly is.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Here' to Wes Miles returning to Michigan...:cheers3: and the Big 10, where all you have to do is beat a team that Appalachian State beat to claim the Championship and the top BCS Bowl!

:lol2:
    There's the joke...:ha:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Of all the years for a Michigan fan to talk smack about UT or the SEC. We don't even need to discuss Michigan, AP State did the talking on that one. The big ten (actually 11) is such a wuss conference they won't add one more team and play a championship game. Until they do that as far as I'm concerned they are a chump conference (by the way I'm also an Illinois fan).

As for Fulmer it is hard to figure what side of the fence to be on. About the time you think he is done he comes through with a big win(s). Tennessee's total domination of Georgia and Arkansas (two teams Michigan couldn't beat) was impressive.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I kind of wish we could play Michigan in a bowl this year so we could whip their *** just like last time UT played Michigan in a bowl.

But I guess we won't since UT will be SEC Champions after Saturday and play in a bcs bowl while Michigan plays some pansy in some crap bowl.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

UT really doesn't deserve anything this year with the way they've shown up week to week....

If UT does beat LSU and goes on to play in a BCS bowl, it could really be embarrassing depending on who they play...

I'm just hoping the team that showed up against Florida and Alabama has disappeared for good.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

This UT team is not that good talent wise. I don't think the coaching has been that bad, but Fulmer is in charge of bringing in talent, so he needs to pick that up.

The SEC isn't weak this year, it has parity it hasn't seen since I've been watching ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar