Vanden Bosch Thriving in New Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: DE Kyle Vanden Bosch's move to the right side of the defensive line to give him more one-on-one oportunities has paid dividends so far. Last week, KVB had 10 tackles, a sack and a quarterback pressure. The man to his left, DT Albert Haynesworth, has also thrived with six tackles, a sack and a pressure on his own. "Albert clogs things up, he is an explosive player and he is tough for offenses to deal with," Vanden Bosch said. "It kind of frees me up to do whatever I want to do, really. Albert is getting upfield and that is allowing me to make more plays. I am excited. I was excited when they moved me over to the right side and I think there's going to be a lot of good things having me and Albert on the same side this season."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another reason to extend haynesworth. Those guys are solid together on the right side..

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it only took three years to figure out vanden bosch likes it on the right and odom likes it on the left.....BRILLIANT!

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Better late than never, right?

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i think this works because haynsworth is lazy by himself... KVB helps fat all to go hard all game rather than taking plays off... i just wish theyd figured it out last year

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Hell, well that's like having a one armed boxer. We have to be strong on the other side as well. Tony Brown has played well, but honestly I couldn't even tell you who starts on the other DE spot 100%, that's how unnotewothy they have played (I know it's Odom). Somebody has to start ballin over there as well. I wish they would put Tony Brown at DE, and let Corey Simon in there at the other DT spot. I like Odom, but he's a pre-season star, thus far.

And for God's sake I wish Griffin could get on the damn field on defense (See ya Harper, or Lowry) Harper's cool, but I'm just ready to let the speedsters get some playing time, The jury is still out on Lowry IMO.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i haven't noticed lowry at all and maybe that's a good thing. no wide open receivers running towards the endzone. no getting blown up by runningbacks. no jumping on the pile after the play as whistled dead just to make it look like you were in on the tackle.

the only thing i have seen of lowry so far is a tipped ball in the back of the endzone when he was covering harrison.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i like calvin lowery he is a good cover guy and seems to be on the verge of being a play maker plus he's hard hard hitter which i love. he just needs a little more time to develope. how could you want to replace nick harper with michael griffen. i am just as excited about michael griffens talent and what he will bring to this team in the future but nick harper is a good corner with alot of experiance. i know he got burned a couple of times last week but he also made a couple of decent plays and i still think we will have the best secondary in the nfl when pac gets back.pac on 1 side and harper on the other then you have chris hope calvin lowery and michael griffen.we are going to make some mistakes because we are young but the bottom line is the foundation of our secondary is one of the strongest in the nfl.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this has more to do with Haynesworth being disruptive than KVB moving to the right side. Al has the ability to take over a game and has shown, the few times he has done it, that everyone around him looks much better.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

well it sure makes sense to have our best DT and DE on the same side to prevent doubling them both....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar