Vandy/Ole Miss (and Jordan Matthews)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 29, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I rarely enjoy college football, but this one has been crazy.

I don't know much about Matthews, but the dude got absolutely drilled after making a catch, had his head slam to the ground, started throwing up all over the place, then he comes back in two plays later and Vandy converts a 4th and 18.

Unreal. Guy is a warrior... I'm pretty sure he has a concussion.

And now Ole Miss just took the lead again. WTF.
  2. jplusip

jplusip Starter

That game was bonkers.

I was rooting for Vandy too... unfortunately. Can't imagine how an actual Vandy fan felt after that.
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah really good game for it to be opening night. Two teams up and coming, Ole Miss with a great recruiting class, both coming off bowl wins, and Jordan Matthews is an absolute beast. I believe he's related to Jerry Rice.
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Yeah that was a great game.. Too bad Jordan let that pass go through his hands at the end.

I actually thought Vandy had the game on lock, until that long TD by Ole Miss..

Jordan Matthews hit his head hard and threw up all on the field. I'm sure the medical trainers didn't evaluate him to the fullest.

Great way to start the college season.
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm afraid Vandy will be back to 6-6 this season. Their defense is awful and that QB isn't any good.

As sad as this is to say, I think UT will be better than them.
  6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If Matthews has a concussion, franklin is a real scum bag for letting him go back in.
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Franklin says "team thought the game was over".

Well no sh*t, James. When you run out onto the fied like you just won the lottery, the team will probably act like you do.

a**hat. Now do us all a favor and go lose your last 11 games, please. So you can take Vandy and phase back into complete irrelivency where you belong.
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Nah... I enjoy watching a college coach get into the game and get excited. If I was a high school player and saw a coach enjoying the game that much, it would cause me to think about playing for a coach that obviously cares.

Just sayin'
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm not too shocked about Ole Miss' playing well with its young players... they did have the best signing class in the history of NCAA Football!

Total jest! But, incredible signing class - and it shows well!
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Vandy's record last year was a farce. They beat one team with a winning record.