Vandy Will Embarrass the Vols This Weekend

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

James Franklin is a better coach than Dooley.

Find one other school in the conference that would hire Dooley.

Personally I hope Vandy beats the hell out of Tennessee so that we can begin to bring the homer Dooley love fest to an end in Knoxville. This past weekend was absolutely embarrassing for Tennessee fans. This is one of the most poorly coached teams I have ever seen.

I know, I know, the excuses flow out of Knoxville like the fans out the gates of Neyland at the end of the 3rd quarter.
    Youth, depth, recruiting, coaching changes blah blah blah.

This guy is not an elite coach. He is average at best and Tennessee deserves better.
    Dooley will be fired next year. They will win 7 games and he will be canned. I personally can't wait.

Begin the flame war!

2. Fair enough, but you don't know anything about Tennessee's program and why they're as bad as they are do you?

Lifetime ban bet between me and anyone who wants it....I'm taking UT.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

You nailed it. I know nothing about the school I attended and the program I've followed my entire life.

They are bad because of the excuses that are spewed weekly but how is the Vanderbilt program in any better shape? James Franklin is doing more with less. Vandy has at least been competitive against teams that have rocked UT.

We are not asking Tennessee to beat these other schools that are clearly superior but UT should not be getting embarrassed the way that they are. They haven't even scored a point in the 2nd half in FIVE games.

We know the "reasons" but I see them as excuses.

Tennessee is young.
    Tennessee lost a lot of recruits.
    Coaching changes.
    Injuries.
    Instability in the program.

I can't wait for next year when Tennessee will need to shut up and win. Dooley should be canned if Tennessee doesn't win the east.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I might be going to the game and will be cheering for Vandy.

I'd rather go to our game in ATL though.

Is Bray going to play or is he still going to be out? I would guarantee a Vandy win if Bray doesn't play. I'd be iffy on the game if he were to play, but I'd still favor Vandy.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

UTjr is going to a bowl game this year.. the SEC Toilet against UK in two weeks.

The last saturday in November... the only game UTjr looks forward too every year.

6. The team IS young. It's not an excuse when it's the truth...they have no depth and are riddled with youth. If you want to call that an excuse than by all means do so but it makes you look dumb. Also, how many teams in the country could lose 4 of their best 7 or 8 players and still be worth a damn? The team sucks, everyone knows this, but if you think it's solely coaching then you're as ignorant as they come -- who cares where you went to school?

Put your money where your mouth is and take my ban bet.

7. ^^^^ scared to take the ban bet. Gotitans is all you have...would hate for you to lose that.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you should probably stop showing your real UT ignorance so much.

Fat Phil changed the UT schedule a few years ago. UTs traditional last two games was vs Kentucky for the whiskey barrel & finishing the schedule vs Vandy.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

You are the ignorant one my friend. This team is young, inexperienced ect ect....

If you actually watch them play you will see they are not prepared to play. They look like whipped dogs out there on the field half the time. A good coach can take an inexperienced team and make them respectable.
    The most significant thing Dooley has done in two years was putting on those orange pants. He will be gone in a year or two and then every VFL, UT homer can blindly follow a new coach. Maybe it will be one who actually knows what they are doing.

Dooley will NEVER win a conference title. Dooley will NEVER sniff a BCS title.

How is not scoring a point in the 2nd half of the five previous games anything but coaching? One of them was MTSU btw. Dooley is a poor coach. He will be under a lot of pressure next year. If this team only rolls up 6-7 wins while getting slaughtered by every real opponent along the way he will be gone.

As a life long Vol fan I hope Vandy runs them out of the stadium.

Your bet is as ignorant as your UT homer logic.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Does this look like a team that was prepared to play? I guess that means Arkansas is 40+ points more talented than UT. This was a team Vandy had beat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6IuCnz2jAU"]Joe Adams Punt Return for Touchdown TD vs Tennessee 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar