Vandy Will Embarrass the Vols This Weekend

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 or 3 extra wins would be awesome. A bowl would be nice at this point.

A healthy Tennessee team would have, at most, 2 conference losses in the Big East..and 2 is pushing it. UC was going to win that conference going away before Collaros got hurt and UT beat the absolute dogsh*t out of them. The Big East is a freaking joke.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't watch the UT/UK game, but a friend of mine told me that UK was down to their third string QB who is really a WR and threw the ball six times.

Derek Dooley has one more year...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That was the most uninspired Vols team I've possibly ever seen. Dooley may not have one more season if he can't get his team to play with more heart than I saw this year.

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I agree ,the worst UT game I can remember. I don't know who shares the blame but they should be b**ch slapped.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I remember quite a few Citris bowls under Phat Phil where the players clearly had no interest in the game, but yes the O was clearly not working saturday.

Having said that DD overthought the game. Going 'wildkitty', when pounding the ball in for a TD would have sufficed, was just bad playcalling. That TO was huge.

Having said that Tennessee was not a good football team and hopefully this is as bad as it gets. DD gets his third, second with a full recruiting season, class this fall. Gotta give the guy a chance with his guys on the field IMO

6. The WR playing QB is being overplayed. He had nothing to do with UK winning. This loss for UT is 100% on the offense, the defense played very well. Bray couldn't hit the broad side of a barn & they made too many mistakes when it mattered...like fumbling the ball at UK's 5.

Dooley is going to have to make some changes quickly and Dave Hart, the AD, is going to have to step in. A lot of former players are going nuts and asking for Dooley's head. Saving the recruiting class is huge & the former players are doing nothing but hurting the program.

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I would think that he has one more chance but with the price of UT football tickets another losing season will not be tolerated.
    Empty seats gather no revenue.

8. 8 wins is the absolute minimum next season...even that may not be enough.

Dave Hart was an integral part into turning Alabama's AD around...he's not going to tolerate mediocrity for long. Dooley shows significant progress next season or he's out.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Nice post. I agree.

You are still a delusional homer moron but I respect you.

I think 9 wins gets him a forth year.
    8 is pushing it. The laughable non conference schedule and VU/UK almost gets you 8 in 2012.

He needs a big win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. I can handle that. I think I'm far more objective than you give me credit for.

If Dooley can't find leadership on this team then he's a dead man walking, no doubt about it. Da'Rick and Bray are punks and would benefit greatly from 1) some competition for their job & 2) some upperclassmen that will stomp their as$es for being toolbags.

The competition thing is coming...mid-major killer Da'Rick is going to have a nice wake-up call if UT signs Cordarrelle Patterson...that kid can ball. Hopefully Worley can progress and legitimately push Bray. The upperclassman leadership thing is just not going to happen...there aren't any that fit the bill on the roster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar