Verner still the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right so why did a poster give the "it sucks" when mentioned?

Verner has played great and Mccourtny has played very well. Nothing negative about that at all.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a fact that Fisher normally would give a proven veteran his spot back upon coming off an injury. The difference now is that Verner has outplayed McCourty. McCourty wasn't a liability or anything like that, but he wasn't playing light outs like Verner is. If Fisher benched Verner for McCourty he'd be second guessed the remainder of the season by everyone from the owner to the concession stand employees. We've seen Fisher in the past do this with Gage over the more talented Britt.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I admit I thought Fisher would put Verner back on the bench. I'm not a Fisher hater at all - but it's no secret that he has a policy of starters DO NOT lose their jobs due to injury. I generally think it's a very good policy - I don't want players hurting the team by playing injured for fear of losing their job.

The fact that McCourty has been playing very well made it even more likely that Verner would sit once he was back. I love that we have 3 really solid corners that are all getting on the field now. Kudos to Fisher.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's ridiculous that this board has become almost entirely a squabbling match. Especially since we're doing decently well as a team.

Online arguments are dumb. Leave them in Yahoo news stories where they belong.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Does anyone have an example of this? I've thought about it, and I can't remember someone being outperformed after they go out with an injury and coming back in.

Zach Piller got hurt and Jacob Bell permanently took the spot. Vince Young got hurt and Kerry Collins kept the job. Justin Gage got hurt and Kenny Britt kept the job.

He might play veterans who aren't as talented because he's afraid of the younger guys blowing assignments, but the whole injury thing is a myth as far as I can remember.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I would like to say That McCourty (my opinion) is a starter in the
    NFL it just happens that we have 3 starting CBs and thats good thing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

For everybody except for McCourty it's a good thing.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now..but I know its something he's stated more than once...

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

http://titansradio.com/Article.asp?id=1592564&spid=27572

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

The landmark case of Harper VS Hood?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar