Verner top CB by PFF in week 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I actually don't have many issues with JMac. The only issue I do have is that I wish he would be more physical in the red zone. He isn't Sherman, but he shouldn't be out muscled to the ball as easily as he does.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

totally agree. Defensive stats, all stats actually, have to be looked at in the situation that produced them. Outsiders attempts to do this with their success/fail stats. I think they succeed to a degree.

But raw NFL stats, like a :cj: statline for instance, tells you as close to nothing as is possible with stating something. That Greene run for three yards on third and 1 was HUGE!, but it was only a 3 yard run and would be a negative on his stat sheet, but it was a HUGE chain moving run. I was estactic

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Much like Greene's runs last year. (the few he had)

May have been short, but TD and 3rd short runs... no stat that puts those into context, really. One easily accessible, at least.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Cotchery and Avant are better than Donnie A.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Five years ago. I'd say the suckage is pretty equal.

Derek Anderson was also playing QB. That's like the worst passing game in the league right there.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No. Not even close. Shaun Hill playing QB is.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ok, so it's 31st out of 32. What's the difference?

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Dude I understand you have a boner for Verner but you try so hard to hate on J-Mac and belittle everything he does. He made great plays on the ball today he was much more aggressive going up and making plays. Has he been a turnover machine in the past no but he's as consistent as they come and better than Verner in this scheme. He got lucky twice? Haha whatever dude.

Also Avery had 7 catches for 84 yrds on 13 targets. Not all his catches came against McCourty.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Would of loved to kept Verner at the contract he signed w TB. Very reasonable deal, but ultimately I think ATV was looking for a fresh start.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

But little did he know, WE GOT ONE!!! :)

I think he got tired of Gray undervaluing year after year, for some guy who is a gunner on ST, AT BEST.

Like you said, I would have loved to keep Vern for what TB signed him for; that is a STEAL for an excellent CB. With the money being thrown around for that position now, they got him for pennies.

People don't realize we are small market, had he been drafted and played like this for one of those guys, he would have gotten re-signed for some insane price... Probably top 5 or 6...

People who are hating on JMac are ill advised, he is an excellent CB in his own right and his stature is more built for the No. 1 spot.

Vern is a good dude, I wish him nothing but success and the best. Now let's give BWW a chance, b/c he deserves one just like Finny, J-Mac, & ATV got theirs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar