Veteran QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

With all the talk of Mac moving on, is their any other QB's out there we could bring in instead of Kerry Collins. A buddy of mine is a huge Raiders fan and i saw enough of Collins to last me a lifetime. He isnt very accurate and by his track record isnt really a good leader. Just curious if anybody had any other names besides him as possibilities....:ravens:

2. There isn't much out there. But really, all they need is someone to backup Volek.

If they like Mauck, he can do the job. Otherwise, picking are kinda slim after Collins. Tommy Maddox, Ty Detmer, Jay Fiedler, and Vinny Testaverde are about the only vets out there.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I could see us going after Vinny... but why do we need a Vet qb again.. we would have 3 qbs with Young...

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Like SK said, it depend on if they like Mauck. If they don't then they will have need for one more QB. I think collins would be fine. He has not has a bad career and has led a team to a Super Bowl. If/When Volek gets hurt, we will need someone like Collins to step in.

5. I think that the #1 thing they need to look for if they want a veteran is someone willing to actually mentor Young.

6. which is what everyone thought that mcnair would do be he obviously doesnt... =[

7. Except McNair still wants to play for a few years and isn't ready to be dumped in favor of a rookie in a year.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mentoring young?

Like he is a child or something. Cutler and lienart don't need mentoring but young is an idiot? Then they shouldn't have drafted him. If they want mcnair or some other QB to mentor him then they should give that person an extra coaching paycheck. Who mentored joe montana? John elway? Dan marino?

Starkiller you want us to bring in kerry collins to mentor VY? What genius vet QB would serve that purpose? That's what the coaches are for. The players are obligated to stay in shape and be prepared for their roles. Is there some clause in their contract that hey have to act as some assistant coach? This whole concept has been blown way out of proportion.

The whole issue with steve is that he wants to start for at least a couple more years not take up space until some kid is ready. Can you blame him?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Patrick ramsey...

Carries a paycheck similar to volek. The jets got him for a mere 6th rd pick. If the ravens do break down and give us that 4th for mcnair i say we offer a 5th for ramsey right away.

Ramsey is entering his 5th season. He has 24 starts. While he has not been the franchise QB the redskins drafted him for he is not horrible either. His career passing rating is 75 with a comp rate over 55% and more TDs than ints. Maybe he will do better in a different enviroment. He played decent last year when he had the chance.

10. First of all, I don't think they need to get someone to mentor him. Chow and Johnson have that job as far as coaching him up. But if they bring in someone, it might as well be someone who is willing to help him and not someone trying to screw him up (like Chris Chandler) in order to keep him on the bench.

No, not him specifically, but if they do bring in a vet it might as well be someone willing to help mentor Young.

One who would prefer that to watching the games on TV from the comfort of his sofa.

If they simply pick a vet who agrees to it ahead of time, then that's all they have to go on. After all, that vet is already going to come in as the #2 so he won't have the starting job to lose to Young anyway.

I don't blame Steve in the slightest. That's why, if they bring in another vet, then they would bring in someone who wouldn't be in that position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar