Veteran QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no offense, but I think Chow's system may have changed since he coached Detmer ... that was what ? 20 years ago

2. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Ok. Twice attacked is good enough. I'll concede that Ramsey sucks less than an age-old raggedy Detmer who may not remember anything that Chow taught him way back in the golden olden days.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mstitan...

I agree don't rush young. So who is going to play QB in the meantime? We have volek for one season under contract. What if he goes down with an injury? Or rather i should say when he goes down with an injury who will play?

I see our QB situation basically like this.

2006-#1-Billy volek, #2- another capable vet, #3- vince young.

2007-#1-The other capable vet(volek will be gone), #2-vince young, #3-Who knows? Maybe cody hodges.

2008-#1 vince young

Now vince will play, certainly in 2007 he will play and if he does well maybe he starts sooner.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Whoever the vet QB will be, he should be cheap. Vet Min Cheap. I like the idea of using Vinny, but not unless he's cheap.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Caphorn

Dude nobody is attacking you. Your idea showed great insight it's just that you didn't realize how old he is or how inactive he has been. He is a year younger than troy aikman.:bricks:

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

if we end up trading mcnair to the ravens they should give us boller hes not that good..... but still not terrible

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Wow I didn't realize Detmer was older than me, funny how time flies. How the heck did he stay in the NFL for 15 years. Are there any 8-9 year vets out there worth bringing in?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bill....

Wow I didn't realize Detmer was older than me, funny how time flies.
    --------------------------

He used to be younger than you.:lol:

9. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

It helps your durability when you suck bad enough that you never see any playing time to get hit or concussed. ;)

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rethinking my position...

I'm thinking that even with a grasp of only 2/3 of the playbook and little game experience vince young can be close to the caliber of player that micheal vick is and better than almost any guy we are talking about. I watch footage of this guy and he has unbelievable anticipation and instinct.

Vick is no better a player now than he was in his first full year as a starter. He was actually more effective then. What has years of playing done for him?

Why shouldn't we think that vince could be as effective a passer as a ramsey, harrington or a boller? And with his awesome running ability the guy can be effective and win games..

All VY has done is put points on the board and win games. He beat michigan, ohio state, oklahoma and USC. He beat the best there is in college football.

Maybe he is much more ready than most people think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar