Veteran QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm gonna say Week 8

2. Well, it will probably be week 3 after Volek gets hurt.

But in all seriousness, I'd bet he's starting by the time we play the Texans in Houston (December 10). You just know Bud would love to rub their noses in it, ot to mention stealing a large percentage of the home fans' crowd support.

3. I think he will probably start, f he does, in the last game of the season, perahps give him a few snaps before that game.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly from Thanksgiving out, assuming Titan D is the Schwartz D instead of a good one, might as well play VY cause POs will be nearly impossible.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

I agree...

the best chance for the Titans to win, would be to get McNair back....... baring that, Vince gives you a much better chance of winning than anyone out there.

Let's not forget, he's been working with Jim Rhome since January.... Old Oiler ties........ Titans insider?? Maybe.....

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think that the smart thing to do with Vince right off the bat would be to let him start the last 2 preseason games. Or maybe, let him start preseason games #2 and #3, since #4 is usually a dress rehearsal. That way, Vince can get adjusted to opposing starters without gambling in a regular season game. Of course, this would need to be done only if the coaching staff and Vince himself feel that he is ready to do so. Everyone's still talking about Dilfer being a free agent... He is a Cleveland Brown. That's not going to change unless the Browns release him. He doesn't want to be released or traded. Trent killed that rumor himself on NFL Network. I agree with Glinks about the QB situation. If the coaching staff sees something great in VY early on, we should just ride with our current QB line-up. #1Volek #2Young #3Hodges or Mauck... However, if it looks as if Vince is not adjusting as smoothly as everyone anticipated, we should sign a vet. The Titans need to strengthen their secondary as a first priority. The secondary was the weakest part of the defense last season. We did some good getting Hope and I am thinking that he might cover Tank's old spot, correct? However, we need another good corner and I'm thinking another OLB. Good defenses win games. Let's get the distraction from the McNair situation out of the way and focus on the D.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dilfer was traded to the 49ers.

and who the heck is Hodges?

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

From Texas Tech I think. UDFA we picked up.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Hodges

#10 Cody Hodges | QB

Full Name: Cody Hodges
    Born: November 20, 1982
    Birth Place: Amarillo, TX
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 210 lbs. Age: 23
    Pos: QB
    Class: Senior

RAT 102.3 | YDS 4,042 | TD 30
    Profile Stats Game Log

Stat Overview Passing
    YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    2002 1 2 10 50.0 5.00 10 0 1 0 -8.00
    2003 1 1 6 100.0 6.00 6 0 0 0 150.40
    2004 5 9 54 55.6 6.00 30 2 0 0 179.29
    2005 353 531 4238 66.5 7.98 67 31 12 34 148.26

11 Hodges didn't get drafted

1.(I would assume) because of the way he holds the ball...He holds the ball laces down (however he's quit accurate with it)...

2. and that there were choices in the draft that just fit the other teams better

3. and there were 3 good QBs already in the draft.

4. He had a ton of INTs

We need a vet not another rookie QB. But you never know...He might make it.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar