Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well talk is that the plea has the DA suggesting 1-5 years, but most commentators are saying the judge is known for being tough. Most shoot for somewhere between 1-3 years...

Of course, he could always hire Lohan's lawyer...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

really, would that shock anyone?

:grrhee:

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Actually he was never "suspended". He was ordered to not report to camp. The league held off of official "punitive" action until the legal guilt had been established.

I don't know for certain, but I heard commentary to the effect the difference between being "ordered not to report to camp by the league" was analagous to a "paid leave of abscence" and cap issues versus an outright suspension and how that effects the above.

So the league did not officially suspend Vick until after legal guilt. I believe the league did this to avoid "financial damages" issues that were raised by Pac's attorney's in his appeal process.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A couple of topics;

On Vick Ratting out: I hate people saying he is ratting out people. What he is doing is telling them about the criminal activity he knows about. That's perfectly an ok thing to do. He's saving lives. It may be hard, but it is the right thing to do. Everyone should do that, and while I understand he's doing it to save his own ***, it doesn't matter, it is the right thing to do.

On Sentencing: I think the judge will use the cooperating testimoney Vick gives the feds to keep the sentence low. I don't think anything brought to the judge on sentencing day will change what he has already decided, but I do think the judge will get plenty of evidence of his cooperation ahead of time. And it will help since he has no prior crimes.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I am curious, I wonder if after the ESPN informant had come out, if Michael Vick walks into the Federal office, and says I'm involved in dog fighting, what would have happened? Do they look the other way? Do they ask him to inform and forgive and forget, or do they book him? I wonder if he could have cut this off at the nub when it first came out rather than saying nothing and waiting it out.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought he did a good job with his apology and annoucement. It will help his cause because he finally said something and whether it was prepared or not, he did not read a prepared statement, and that opened him up to revealing more than if he had read it. It was good. I would have liked him to say, I am going to do this, that, and the other to turn this situation around and really move him forward. But I'm sure he is still stunned. So I don't think it was required. But that is what he has to do next. Even from prison. He needs to just do it. As far an apology goes tho, I think it was about as good as he could do.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vick only took a plea because he was the last one in line. He didn't cooperate at all until it was too late and he had no choice. The Feds actually went pretty easy on him, all things considered. The judge is a dog lover though, and may give more than the 12-18 months that is typical. Vick also avoided other problems such as gambling charges, but don't think that will slip by Goodell. To the NFL, that is actually worse than the other charges. There cannot be even a hint of wrongdoing where this is concerned. It may get him a lifetime ban.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vick's jury selected

[​IMG]

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

A mistake is running a red light, or driving after having a little too much to drink, a mistake is not lying to your employer and the commish, and systematically establishing, funding and running a dog fighting establishement for 6+ years. He chose to break the law, it was not a mistake he meant to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar