Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

lol.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a mistake is accidentally stepping on your dogs tail

not soaking it in a bucket of water and connecting electrodes to his balls

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Agreed. That's what is really astounding about this whole thing. It involved long term involvement for years...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A couple more things;

On apologizing to those he lied to: I thought the image guy on ESPN made a good point. You go to the people you lied to one to one and apologize one to one. Good advice. I like it.

On the Signing bonus: I didn't like it when Ricky Williams was forced to pay back money, and I don't think Vick should have to pay it back either. While I understand it comes right before the season, and that is a big buisness loss, I think the volatile nature of nfl contract gives him the right to keep the money. The reason they get it is because at any time they can be cut free of charge. It's the nature of the beast. A signing bonus is a signing bonus, not some prorated form of payment that can be recouped, otherwise they would call it as such.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Sorry Vick violated his contract he has no right to money that was not salary. The signing bonus he will have to give back, truthfully if he wants any another shot with any other team he wouldn't even fight this point. Also if you consider that his actions violated his contract for years one could make the argument that even his salary should be paid back.

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Vick pleads guilty, apologizes for dogfighting actions

Michael Vick has pleaded guilty to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge. ...more

[​IMG]

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:dead: i wonder why nobody at all in football wanted goodell to wait over pacman... yet the announcers etc. all screamed due process when vick gets accused by the government for his crap... i don't like the media.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Two of the 4 reasons Pac was suspended were for violations of league rules, not for breaking the law. So Pac's punishment isnt entirely related to the legal system. Secondly, as fast as Vick's case moved, I think it just made sense to wait before formally suspending him.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Has anyone watched his apology video?

I particularly noted that he said, "Through this situation, I found Jesus. Turned my life over to God. I think that's the right thing to do, for right now."

Sorry to bring up religion, but it seems like turning your life over to christianity is something a person should believe is the right thing to do (if he/she believes that way) for LIFE... not for "RIGHT NOW".

I guess since Vick got caught it's the right thing to turn his life over to religion, but in a few years once he is out of prison, he'll have to re-evaluate that decision.

Don't know why, but that wording in his statement just bothered me and made his statements seem insincere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar