Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

yeah. the NFL's punishment should be more accurate to the severity of the crime. but hardly even a year for what would be nearly decades in the brig isn't what i call a slight adjustment to a sentencing. I was speaking of the federal charges not the NFL's. I meant that Pac wasn't even charged of anything. it was mostly conviction from the public eye for 6 months or so. yet he still got a year. If vick gets a year [in correspondence to his jail time] then that's ridiculous.

If you remember our buddy Tank Johnson, he went to jail for 4 months and got 8 games. so obviously Goodell either has some juicy s**t on Pac or he's just terribly bad at keeping justice... just?

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Are you talking about the league punishment, or legal? Goodell has no control over what the courts do to Vick or Pac. And since he hasnt issued Vick's punishment from the league yet, then I can hardly see how you can say whether his punishment is just or not. Tank Johnson is a completely different case. But yes, I think Tank should have been suspended more games than he was. But regardless, that has nothing to do with Vick.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Get ready to see wall-to-wall Mike Vick coverage on ESPN for the next few weeks. Even more than before.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Whatever his sentence, he will have to serve at least 85% of it, under Federal law.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

nah nah nah nah..

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I meant the legal punishment looks to be far less severe than it should be and that Goodell doesn't exactly have a good track record for being even-handed.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

lol. yep. that's how 10-12 months comes around. Leave it to the Titan Teamster to know the legal stuff. haha.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Strong post Hoffa. Nice info. :applause:

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The legal punishment is less because he took a plea. And I have a feeling Goodell is going to be more harsh on Vick than he was on any of them. Nobody cares about Pac, Tank, or Henry outside the fans of those teams. Michael Vick is making CNN, Fox, and all the nightly network news programs. There is absolutely no way Goodell can afford to go lightly on Vick since this case has gotten to be such a national news story.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Tis why i think he'll either get a year somehow or get a huge ban considering he just lost the NFL a lot of money and in return gave them bad press. Pac didn't have any money pull within the NFL [yet] and the only thing was his bad press. His bad press wasn't worth the money he was bringing in, so he got a harsh punishment. Tank Johnson is part of one of those show-stopper defensive units that people come to see. dun dun dah! 8 games for 4 months. Vick brings in wheelbarrows full of money daily through tickets jerseys and other ... flair. [office space flashback.] now he's getting the NFL bad press AND taking away money?! it's gotten too big to pass off as nothing, so i suppose i'll agree he'll get a big suspension. lol. touche'. :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar