Vick Dog-fighting - Portis is an idiot as well

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:applause:

And really that is what any fan of the NFL should expect.

2. Riverman

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This could be career ending. If they have enough evidence of long term involvement, including breeding, fighting, and betting on dog fights, then he should be gone for the season.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

career ending? It's Michael Vick

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It is against the law. And we've got people saying he did it. His house is being raided. Somethings up. I think this qualifies as bad pub. You put all of that together with his other string of incidents. You gotta suspend him. It's a no brainer to me. Save him from miself before it's too late. ESPN is hammering Vick hard. The NFL has got to deal with this now, otherwise ESPN is gonna talk about it even more. And then it gets worse. The Matt Shaub trade now gets a little more serious now.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think they should suspend him until the investigation is over. Keep in mind, this was an anonymous source on ESPN who is saying this. And though my gut feeling is that the guy is legit, that is a pretty weak standard of suspending guys based on the words of anonymous sources talking to a sports news outlet. I have a feeling that he will be charged with something with regards to this, but I do think you have to wait until that point before suspending him.

8. they said on espn that he has been doing the whole dog fighting thing since before he was even drafted

9. Riverman

I agree with what your saying but I need to clarify one point (which you probably are aware). The source wasn't really anonymous but rather kept confidential. Apparently ESPN interviewed this source in person but chose at this person's request to keep his identity secret. Sounds like a very credible source.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Not only that, but didn't the investigators say they have used him before and said he was credible.

Just too many pieces adding up. I think they want Vick, they have just run out of options to nail him. So they went public. And it may work.

You look at his brother, and you just start to connect all the dots. His thug life is about to unravel. And it's not too late to change it. He can just change it now. Give it up and take the straight path. You would think he had learned a thing or two from his brother's self destructive path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar