Vick Dog-fighting - Portis is an idiot as well

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

True, but after a years' suspension, he could have a number of things working against him. A year out of football, the stigma from the suspension and the potential for future problems. He'll be 28 then, if he starts to lose a step in speed he could be a much less desirable prospect. Talk about a guy who has been the face of an NFL franchise but has been working to piss it down the toilet. Flicking off the fans, the whole ron mexico thing, the water bottle, dog fighting... talk about a PR problem. How do you sell this guy as a team leader? I wouldn't be surprised if the falcons brought in someone else, especially if Vick won't redo his contract. He's ridiculously expensive.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I more meant he is the NFLs love child.

3. GoTitans3801

He was, but he's certainly hurting his status. This could end that. If it was anyone else they'd be in a much worse position, but he could possibly recover.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Pardon my ignorance, but how does a dog "win" a dog fight? I presume they are not all to the death.

5. GoTitans3801

Not sure, but I presume the dog just survives, meaning it kills the other dog.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Forgot about that! :flamer:

[​IMG]

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjtVnqZCndo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjtVnqZCndo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Pacman should be preparing a thank you gift for Vick. All of a sudden everyone is taking notice of the fact that Pacman's offenses are relatively minor (assuming there really is no evidence of anything in Vegas, other than being an idiot of course). Goodell is in a tough place - suspend Vick for the season just based on these accusations and the apparent pending indictment, or eat crow and admit he didn't use good judgment in suspending Jones for a year.

Gunny, great clip. Made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar