vickerson suspended four games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

NFL bans Titans reserve Vickerson four games

The NFL suspended Tennessee reserve defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson for four games without pay starting Friday for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances. More...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

At least he'll be back if we need him for the playoffs.

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Vickerson Suspended for Four Games

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans DT Kevin Vickerson has been suspended four games by the NFL for violation of the league's anti-doping policy. He will begin to serve it starting Sunday so he can be back in time for the playoffs. Vickerson tested positive for the banned diuretic Bumetanide. He initially planned to appeal but decided Friday to serve the suspension. A federal judge blocked the NFL from suspending five other players who tested positive for Bumetanid in the dietary supplement StarCaps. Vickerson has 23 tackles and 1.5 sacks this season.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Vickerson's suspension well-timed for Titans

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky [​IMG]Vickerson NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- It's the kind of season the Titans are having. Even a bad development winds up timed well.

Jim Wyatt reports that defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson has begun to serve a four-game suspension for a violation of the league's policy on steroids and related substances after testing positive for a banned diuretic.

Vickerson has played in seven games this season, including the last four. He had an increased role in the last three games with rookie Jason Jones out with left foot injury.

But Jones is ready to return and is a better option as the Titans third tackle rotating in behind Albert Haynesworth and Tony Brown anyway.

Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said Jones will benefit from having had some time off, as much mentally and physically.

"You're talking about a rookie, he wasn't even one of these Southeastern Conference players that played 14 games in a year, 12 games, an SEC championship and then a bowl game," Schwartz said. "He was playing at Eastern Michigan. So you talk about rookie wall, those guys generally start feeling it in November.

"You give him a chance to step away from it, save his legs a little bit, get his breath and then come back. I think that can be real beneficial."

Jeff Fisher and Jones said he probably could have played on Thanksgiving in Detroit but the team decided to give him one more game.

"I'm ready to get back out there," Jones said. "After three weeks off my legs are back under me, I am ready to go out there and fly around and have fun."

More...

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I thought he sure has looked spry in the last few weeks:) He forgot to mask it!

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

gotta take the diuretic ...

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Bumetanid flushes your system. It is a masking agent.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

With eleven wins it's hard to get too upset at this point. This might be a matter of opinion, but does anyone think he willfully violated the policy? Last year the substance banned player was Henry. He claimed ignorance like he had no idea. I wonder if Vickerson knew what he took was banned and did it trying to gain an edge. This guy isn't a high profile pick. He's probably spent most of his career on the practice squad and can hardly believe he finally cracked a line-up. I know he's been activated some and I've seen him on the field but I'm pretty sure he's been cut from the roster after/during training camp. I'm glad he's not fighting anything so he can be depth when we might need him the most. I don't necessarily view it as an admission of guilt. He may be playing the role of a good teammate by disposing of the matter in the most efficient way possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar